PDA

View Full Version : I need re-assurance quick please

JulieJay92
15-09-10, 17:03
Just a quick shout for help as i know i did have another thread but I am leaving the house in 2 hours to catch a train to the airport for my flight at 7am tomorrow

My chest has gone really really tight just over to the left where ur heart is but ecg in july was excellent, they said they didnt even know i smoked:ohmy:

Just did BP and was 148/92 pulse 84 but feels alot faster

I am terrified i will have a heart attack on the plane and i will die:ohmy::ohmy:

please help me

kerrie23
15-09-10, 17:13
Take puzzles to concentrate your mind, i know it might be hard to concentrate but stick with it you will.
Just remember that most of the panic symptoms are just sensations, these cannot hurt you, they just feel very unpleasant, all the feelings we get when we panic are natural responses to abnormal situations! Hope these thoughts help you a little they did for me!

Good luck with your flight, im flying in 3weeks time too and i suffer with agrophobia!!
Please do let me know how you get on.

Kerrie x

angels22165
15-09-10, 17:16
Hello, yes take anything which will distract your thoughts from how you are feeling inside, I also get tightness of the chest, which is not nice but know that it is anxiety and it will be ok. Just keep your mind occupied. Take care Julie xx:)

paula lynne
15-09-10, 17:20
YOU ARE NOT GOING TO DIE..its unpleasant but will pass. Get a paper bag NOW and re-breathe. Also lavender, bach rescue remedy...you will be ok. Your heart is responding to your anxiety, and believe me...an ex-nurse...your heart can deal with much faster beats than that...I promise..x:hugs:

JulieJay92
15-09-10, 17:39
thank you all so much - i have my rescue remedy,kalms & diazapem in handbag along with 2 puzzle books & ipod.

I am petrified to death but i have flown loads and nothing has ever happened. Just all pray for me that there is no turbulance as i refuse to sleep as i manage about 10minutes at most.

once i get internet in tenerife i will let u know i am ok

paula lynne
15-09-10, 17:47
Its the fear of crashing not flying...YOU WILL NOT CRASH...keep yourself busy during the flight...YOU CAN DO THIS!..its anxiety playing you up,,,you know this..use every technique in your arsenal..you can do it . You can do it. You can do it. You can do it. You will do it. You will do it..YOU ARE DOING IT YOU ARE DOING IT YOU ARE DOING IT YOU ARE DOING IT..X:hugs::):D:winks::yahoo::bighug1::bighug1::bi ghug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:

JulieJay92
15-09-10, 17:50
thanks paula for all your reassurances - we are off now to visit family before the train but i will be back on whenever i get connection

heavenly
15-09-10, 17:54
How are you doing hun? You have plenty of distractions and we all know that you can do it! xxx

JulieJay92
15-09-10, 17:58
im a nervous wreck heavenly but my heart has stopped racing, just the chest pain and trembling

c u all soon

heavenly
16-09-10, 09:50
im a nervous wreck heavenly but my heart has stopped racing, just the chest pain and trembling

c u all soon

Keep in touch hun! xxx