PDA

View Full Version : Relationship issue

bebe1005
15-09-10, 19:29
Hi everyone...how are you all doing? I’m having some issues besides my usual HIV contamination issues. I feel like I can’t trust anything that my boyfriend says to me :(

Two days ago we had a pretty big incident…I went to hang out with him when he got off work and I noticed that he had a single piece of glitter on the bottom of his nostril. I flipped out and automatically thought that he must have been with another girl and was cheating on me. I questioned him several times and he swears to me that he has no clue where it came from. He told me that it was definitely NOT from another girl.

I’m having a very hard time believing him. I have been obsessed with this for the last 2 days now. I asked about 14 people their opinions and they all said that I was over-reacting and the glitter could have been from anywhere. I posted on 4 different relationship forums online about it and every single person that responded said that I have no reason to think he cheated. Why can’t I get over this? I just keep thinking “What if it WAS from a girl and I don’t know and look like an idiot?” or “What if he’s lying to me and getting away with it?”

My boyfriend has never done anything to me to make me not trust him, but I always find a reason to accuse him. He’s very good to me and puts up with a lot of BS from me. Does anyone have any advice?

bottleblond
15-09-10, 19:41
Hi bebe

Have you had a relationship in the past where you have been cheated on?
You do sound quite insecure so maybe sit down with your bf and tell him exactly what you have told us.
People are right hun, the glitter could have come from anywhere.

Hope everything works out for you.

Lisa
x

Vixxy
15-09-10, 20:01
Glitter gets EVERYWHERE! that stuff will hang around for years. I wouldnt worry about it.
However has bottleblonde says you sound very insecure in your relationship. Does your bf know how you feel? Does he know where your questioning comes from?
I would sit down with him and explain exactly how you feel. Tell him how insecure you feel and discuss with him how you can both work to get past it.

bebe1005
15-09-10, 20:08
Thanks for the response. I am insecure, I question him about everything. If he answers something and it was mis-worded or doesn’t “sound right” to me I flip out. I don’t know what to do!! I really, honestly do NOT think he would cheat on me. It’s just this stupid piece of glitter is bothering me.

You honestly don’t think this sounds like he’s cheating?

Anxious_gal
15-09-10, 21:54
by questioning him you are pushing him away.
your just going to have to trust that he's a good person unless proven otherwise.

BunnyMazonas
16-09-10, 00:23
Glitter is one of those things that spreads far and wide. I'm still finding the stuff when I hoover now, from the tacky Crimbo cards I got last year! I can tell because I still find little star and snowflake shapes! It is such a tiny, light, mobile substance.

Look at it this way, if the glitter had come from any kind of close proximity to a person wearing it, whatever the reason, your other half would have had way more than one speck of glitter on him.

However, the relationship is something you are really going to have to work hard on. Trust is essential in any relationship for it to work, and as horrible as it is for you to feel these fears, it is also horrible to be falsely accused of things all the time, and to end up walking on eggshells for fear of causing an upset.

Here is a little thing to keep in mind; I am sure you can admit that your trust issues must be hard for both of you. Your partner must love you a lot, and really, deeply, genuinely want to be with you, in order to be willing to work with you through all of this. Remember that he loves you.

I wish you and your partner all the best in getting through this together.

Misschilli
16-09-10, 17:29
[QUOTE=bebe1005;709750]Hi everyone...how are you all doing? I’m having some issues besides my usual HIV contamination issues. I feel like I can’t trust anything that my boyfriend says to me :(

i can totally relate to this.... its awful. i have gone onto anti depressants to help and they have worked our relationship is much better for it!! xx:hugs:

Fly away Katie
16-09-10, 18:53
I know how you feel. My boyfriend once had marks on his chest that looked like lovebites, but he swore to me that they weren't. I also found a bit of lipstick on his collor.. which he said must have been from me ages ago :S
I have trust issues aswel, but my bf HAS cheated, so dont worrie yourself., just be GLAD he's faithful x