PDA

View Full Version : Why dont i believe my doctor

tricia56
15-09-10, 22:17
hi can anyone please give me some advice,ive been having chest pains since sat and i went to my doctors yesterday and he assured me it was not my heart it is the wall of my chest that is causeing the pain,but i am still so very anxious as for some reason i dont believe him as her never examined me or listened to my heart and i cant stop worring about it and finding really hard to cope with bieng so anxious .could it be my anxiety make me think this way as its really friieghtning me

paula lynne
15-09-10, 22:22
Hi..How can the doc possibly reassure you if they never actually examined you!?:mad: Im sure its just muscular, but make another appointment if poss...You are fine Im sure...try not to worry too much x :hugs::hugs:

Maj
15-09-10, 22:25
Hi,
It sounds like it is anxiety, but your doctor should have at least examined you which would definitely have reassured you. This is very bad practise. Go back and see someone else if you can. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about but until they actually physically examine you then they are not doing their job properly. :hugs:

Ella_Jayne
15-09-10, 22:25
It probably is your chest wall but if I was you I would go back and ask him to refer you for an ECG just to put your mind at rest.

I know he said that it's not your heart but if you explain how anxious you feel then he will probably refer you.

Anxiety can cause all sorts of racing thoughts, I've been there many times esp with my heart.

I get chest pains and flutters in my chest, racing heart... everything and apparently it's all anxiety.

I know how dominint anxious thoughts can be and it's the only reason I'm saying go and get an ECG simply for your peace of mind. You'll be just fine. Try and relax, take deep breaths.

MrBlue
16-09-10, 00:37
I agree with everyone else, it is most probably what the doctor said but if your doctor knows you have anxiety he should've listened to your heart?! I know the feeling about not believing the doctor but according to this website the heart released a protective chemical on the heart when we get anxious, that bit of info has kept me going and helped me relax when it comes to my heart :)

Anxious_gal
16-09-10, 02:00
aw honey, I guess you didn't dare ask him to actually listen to your heart?
I would be scared too if I had chest pain and the doctor didn't examin me :-(
did he even check your blood pressure?

maybe try a different doctor? or go back if you think you won't be able to stop being worried untill your sure x