PDA

View Full Version : Is this me now?? x

kwissy
15-09-10, 23:09
Hi I'm Krissy, I'm 26 and for the last month and a half have been experiencing severe anxiety. Now on beta blockers which have helped but the horrid thoughts are still there. Is this me now for the rest of my life? I miss the old me xxxxx

nomorepanic
15-09-10, 23:10
Hi kwissy

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

paula lynne
15-09-10, 23:13
welcome krissy, we are glad to have you.:hugs: try reading the info in the left hand column on panic and anxiety, a good place to start. You arent alone in this x:welcome::welcome:

kwissy
15-09-10, 23:15
Many thanks. What a fantastic quote. Will keep that in mind x

Electric_Worry
15-09-10, 23:24
Hi Krissy, I am pretty much in the same boat as you. I'm also in my mid-twenties and I was prescribed beta-blockers last week after a massive anxiety attack. What beta-blockers actually do is alleviate the physical symptoms of anxiety, however beyond that they have no real impact on you mentally.

It is the mental aspect that I am really having a problem with at the moment. Sure, my heart rate has slowed down but mentally I am still a wreck. I'm hoping to see the doctor soon and I'm also hoping that I am referred for some sort of counselling/therapy.

I don't mean to sound like the bearer of bad news about beta-blockers, as they can really help. It is normal to still be suffering with the 'horrid thoughts', as you put it, and so it's possible you will also need help with the mental aspect.

LiquidSky
16-09-10, 09:18
Hi Krissy, welcome to the forum :)

Fly away Katie
16-09-10, 17:25
Hello Krissy, welcome. I'm sure youl find lots of comfort and reassurance here x x x x x