PDA

View Full Version : Risking Cardiff?

paula lynne
16-09-10, 10:06
Following my success in asda a few days ago, my friend has suggested a shopping trip to cardiff....aaaaah...not feeling so good today. She picks me up at 12.30...its the vertigo as usual, and its pretty bad. Im just sitting on the sofa with a cuppa, so why oh why is the room moving about, Im debating whether to "take the chance" on myself getting panicked while in Cardiff. Anyone got any tips re-vertigo.x ? Thanks in advance x:wacko:

margaret jones
16-09-10, 10:12
Paula Just give it a go hun you will be fine does your friend know that you suffer with this problem ??? I am sure she will support you .
But if you feel really bad think about it Hun only little steps remember XX

Maggie xx

paula lynne
16-09-10, 10:15
Thanks Maggie.x Yes, shes a district nurse, and my ex-sis in law, and she knows. I think its because Cardiff is always busy, Im worried about getting back to where we parked the car just in case I cant cope. Still debating....:weep: x

panicynan
16-09-10, 10:42
Cardiff won't be so busy now the kids have gone back to school.I always feel more comfortable knowing the car is parked and if things are so bad just go to the car and you can always go home!I tell myself if I want to leave a shop and as the weather is nice today I go and walk around the parks by the museum and law courts (I don't know their proper name) not many people there and i find i can usually walk off my feelings and im extremely agrophobic on times.I have a friend who ia a nurse practioner and if im with her i think if i have a melt down who better to help me!Pity i don't know you im going away on monday(yep HELLO anxiety) could have done with a few things from m&s lol also dont you just hate the new st Davids centre in terms of the echo the noise makes, the bright so artificial lights, and the sheer size I havent ventured into John Lewis yet.

mikewales
16-09-10, 10:44
I lived in Cardiff for years - if you do start feeling stressed by all the people, there are nice quiet parks to sit in by the museum, or the castle grounds, get a cup of tea and go and have some quiet time there until you are feeling better.

Its quite cool today as well, so should be easier to deal with

panicynan
16-09-10, 10:53
OOps can't spell agoraphobia:blush: also got my self hysterical the other weekend at having to go to a HUGE posh family wedding, posted on here for first time a kind lady told me to take 2mg diazepam just before going into the church .I hadnt taken a sedative for 2 yrs and it worked a treat it helped me so much and i have'nt taken 1 since. I have 2 2mgs left and its a comfort to know if I have to take 1 I have them like a security blanket do you have something you could take just to take the edge off things to help you get started?

paula lynne
16-09-10, 11:02
Thanks guys for your posts. I would chop my arm off right now for a 2mg diazepam, I dont take anything for it. I get diaz from gp if and when, last look it 18months ago to go camping. Im glad cardiff is a bit quieter, I think thats making me feel a bit better. I HATE shopping centres, the lights seem very very weird to me, so will be walking mainly in Queens st, and yes, I think a sit down for a cuppa sounds a good idea. Thank you so much for your time x:):wacko:

Nigel
16-09-10, 13:33
Hi Paula,

Sorry... :blush:
I was being terribly lazy today and failed to get up in time to send you some positive vibes for your trip to Cardiff.

Hope you had a great day :yesyes:
Nigel

paula lynne
16-09-10, 16:25
Hi Nigel..unfortunately I chickened out. Went to dunelm mill for an hour though and even had lunch there. So, feel a bit crap for not facing cardiff, but at least I did go out, and didnt run. A positive, I guess. Thanks for your support.x:)

lizzie29
16-09-10, 16:42
Hi Paula

Don't feel bad about it! Like you said, you still got out and did something. It would've been far easier to just stay at home, but you didn't give in and you still achieved something! You should be proud, any step, no matter how small it seems, is a step in the right direction and positive progress :)

x

margaret jones
16-09-10, 16:49
Well done Paula for going out never mind that you did not make Cardiff save it for another day dont feel down you did really well considering you had lunch out also :ohmy:

That is my next adventure out for lunch :weep: Have been to town centre myself today nightmare M&S Was crowded all the Meal deals for a £10 But i did it so I will praise myself even give myself a :hugs:and here is a :hugs: for you .

WELL DONE MAGGIE XXXXXX

Nigel
16-09-10, 17:47
Aww Paula...
It wasn’t chickening out :hugs:

The wise man (or woman :winks:) knows which battles to fight and which to walk away from. I think you chose wisely... and won :yesyes:

...tomorrow the world :yahoo:
Nigel

paula lynne
16-09-10, 18:05
Thank you all who sent me posts today x:flowers::flowers:

margaret jones
16-09-10, 18:11
You are welcome Hun
Take Care Maggie

Ambers
16-09-10, 19:54
Cant run a marathan till you have had a few jogs around the block first....and next time you will def go to Cardiff ;)

BTW I am heading to Wales tomorrow for a weekend break with family, so if you see a blonde woman trying to jump out of a car window on the motorway in panic...that will be me :)

margaret jones
16-09-10, 21:41
Ambers better get the child Locks on

Have a great weekend xx

heavenly
17-09-10, 10:43
Hi Nigel..unfortunately I chickened out. Went to dunelm mill for an hour though and even had lunch there. So, feel a bit crap for not facing cardiff, but at least I did go out, and didnt run. A positive, I guess. Thanks for your support.x:)

You didn't chicken out, you were looking after yourself. :winks: You're just not up to it at the mo, that's all. And well done for getting out and having a nice day!! Re the diaz, I see my GP once a month now, for a chat and to see how I am going with my meds. She gave me 14 x 2 mg diaz, for emergencies. I have only taken one over the past 3 weeks, and I feel better that I have them. Go see your GP and get a few, nothing wrong with needing a little security blanket at times. xxx