PDA

View Full Version : its coming back :(

lindajane1971
16-09-10, 10:32
ive been away from the forum for a while trying to "wean" myself off it as i have been doing well with what the various doctors told me was anxiety....i fear its back.....
this week a few times while having lunch ive had these feelings again that go throughout my whole body, its like the feeling in your stomach when you go over a hump back bridge but its not in my stomach it rushes from my feet to my chest and then over my head, it scares me so much i cant say how much it scares me.
i also have been getting a weird slightly tight feeling sensation that comes over my head and then my feet tingle, also very scary and i cant decide if its "all in my head" as some would say or if its a real medical thing??????
i have to be at work for 11 and i really dont want to go now, i have to work alone and i dont want to be alone now, cant take a sickie either as im not good at lying and i know i should just get on with it and tell myself im ok im ok and i will be ok today, but its just not working so far.

:weep:

paula lynne
16-09-10, 10:56
Hi Linda, it sounds like anxiety, I too suffer with tingling sensations in my hands face and feel. I hope you feel better soon, and well done going to work feeling out of sorts x:hugs:

LiquidSky
16-09-10, 15:00
Hi LindaJane, I was getting the exact same thing and still do occasionally, particularly after eating, I'd be sat in the canteen at work just having a sandwich when all of a sudden I'd go hot and tingly from toe to head and have to get up and get out of the building and sit in the fresh air for a while to calm down. Mine was put down to anxiety, alongside many other symptoms. Hope this helps.

lindajane1971
16-09-10, 16:43
thanks guys,
well i forced myself to work and made it through the day, now have developed a sore chest and i think ive hurt myself trying to hurry through everything so i could get home again. (im a delivery driver lol)
i did it though so im quite happy about that, i hope that i can stop this coming back again to haunt me

xx

Fly away Katie
16-09-10, 17:38
Welldone with going to work anyway :) You showed that anxiety ;) x x x x x

jothenurse
16-09-10, 21:50
Good job.

meggyjo
17-09-10, 18:37
I know the feeling well, I have been doing well also for many months, then recently my father in law had to go into hospital, the day he was discharged my mother went in!! She has cancer and I was dealing with this quite well, but now she has had an infection which caused pressure on her heart and has had a heart attack ( the one illness that fears me with dread) when the dr told us what had happened I had the same old feelings come rushing back, tingling, a kind of cold sweat, a desire to run out of the building, my legs were wobbly and I just wanted to burst into tears (always a good release of anxiety for me) all the weird sensations. Now all I can think about is anything heart related. HELP!!

Hazel B
17-09-10, 18:43
It's anxiety, you have had a lot to cope with and our minds and bodies sometimes don't cope as well.
Think back to how you coped before, what you did, how you managed to get over it and how strong you were. You can do it again.

meggyjo
19-09-10, 11:48
Thanks for those kind words, and I certainly will try and relax and think about how I was before it started again. x