PDA

View Full Version : Hmm, I wonder...

LiquidSky
16-09-10, 15:24
I suffer from mild agoraphobia and anxiety, panic attacks, like most on here, before I can even think of leaving the house, I have to take a propanolol and a diazapam, to calm me down enough to even think about getting outside the door.
Today, I went out for my usual, "path to recovery" walk and it went well, not too panicky, got a little further and came back home again, went upstairs to my place of comfort and realised that my pills were still on the bed, and I'd forgotten to take them. I was convinced I'd taken them. Oh well, wonder if I even need them at all.:roflmao:

Heaven_Scent
16-09-10, 16:37
Thats fantastic!!!! Mind over matter!! Well done you :hugs: Xx

LiquidSky
16-09-10, 16:40
Thanks Heaven, it just goes to show that I guess sometimes these things are more of a safety blanket than a remedy, but I'll not count my chickens yet, I'll see how it goes tomorrow, but it's certainly boosted my confidence a bit :)

eloise14
16-09-10, 17:19
well done, i keep my diazapan in my bag for security so i know its always there but i hardly take them x

paula lynne
16-09-10, 18:08
Thata AMAZING!! very very well done xx maybe now youve done it once...:winks: great positive step xxxxxx

munkeyinblack
16-09-10, 21:09
well done u liquid !!! hope things continue to climb up for u !!

munkey
x

Anxious_gal
16-09-10, 21:14
haha aw well now you know you can do it without the pills!!
I rarely take mine but have to have them on me "just in case" lol

pinktoni
17-09-10, 06:56
Fantastic, well done! One day at a time! Hope it goes aswell today!x

LiquidSky
17-09-10, 08:56
thanks to all for the replies :) really heartwarming :D
Well, today, I went out deliberately with no pills to the same place and went for a drive and not a flutter, I almost jumped for joy, but as it was a main road and there were lots of kids at the bus stop thought I'd better not, in case I was carted off in a white van somewhere :) still got my diazapam in my pocket, but the sun is definitely peeking through the clouds at the moment :D thank you all once again!

Fly away Katie
17-09-10, 13:07
Well done :) Thats great. Defo mind over matter :) x x x x x

IndianStar
17-09-10, 14:48
thats really good!!! well done :) x