PDA

View Full Version : I have an abscess on my chest :/

HannahN
16-09-10, 15:33
Hey everyone, I'm a bit worried as I have developed an abscess on my chest. Went to see the doctor yesterday and she prescribed me 500mg of Flucloxacillin to take 4 times a day. But I just feel so ill and light headed. She also told me if it gets a 'head' they will have to cut it immediately. I'm very scared. Start my new Job on Sunday and start college on Monday and really don't want to feel ill and miss my first days. Anybody have any advice about the abscess? I'm very worried :weep:
Thank you

Vixxy
16-09-10, 18:48
Hi there. If its not popped them all you can do is take the medication and rest. Let your body do the work. If its popped or gotten a head then you will need to go back to the doctors and practise very good hygiene so that it can heal.
The pills should have made a big difference by sunday, so dont worry about going back to work/college yet. If youre still not well then you can get a note from your doctor to give in to your work and college to let them know youre under treatment.
Hope you feel better soon.

Carly Lou
16-09-10, 19:56
Hey, i developed some abcese's under both my arms when i was 17 or so, im 25 now, i went to the docs numerous times about it, and they just said it was caused by shaving, or using a dirty razor Hmmm.... anyways, went on for weeks and i was starting to feel very ill ect... and went back and saw a different doctor who then had me rushed to hospital to have them removed and i had seaweed implanted in them... they were turning septic and it was spreading across my chest !!! So my lovely, thats why the doc is saying if you do get a head you must go back.... but the antiobios should sort it out, as i wasnt prescribed with anything... was just left..... im not saying this to scare you, as these were pretty gross monsterous beasts lol....

So the Antibios will do the trick i believe... so trust you doccy xxx youll be fine.... just make sure you keep a eye on it, and it wont go septic or anything bad like that as you have noticed it straight away and your doctor is onform about it which is brill, let me know how you get on xxxxx