PDA

View Full Version : Visible veins from anxiety?

uk23
16-09-10, 18:32
I have noticed that more veins are now visible, like before I had 1 I could see on the left of my head, not 2 more are showing just above each eyebrow, like where the nose is.

I have also noticed more appearing on my arms and shoulders. Also I am getting a lot more pains for example in my knees when walking etc.

Could all of this be anxiety? It doesnt seem likely to me :(

anthrokid
17-09-10, 07:47
Hey!

I can see all of my veins everywhere. I could see a few of them before the anxiety, but since the anxiety started I feel like I can see every single vein! I can see them in parts of my face, stomach, legs, arms, everywhere! I spoke to my doctor about it and she said that it's just because I am more aware of everything due to the anxiety and I'm looking for differences now, which is true, I'm always on the lookout fo changes!

CrazyCatLady
17-09-10, 14:41
I am so relieved that someone has posted about this - I couldn't find anything on the search! Starting to think I was the only one noticing this...

uk23 I had exactly the same thing, and like amieekid I also went to the doctor. She took a look and said that it's normal for our veins to become more visible as we get older because our skin gets a little bit thinner, also this time of year we're getting paler as there is less sunshine.

I think amieekid's doctor is spot on too - we are always on the look out for changes aren't we!

The other thing the doctor mentioned to me is that the veins could be dilating a bit more when I'm hot (flushes when i worry), and that's why i can see them more on some days.

If they are sticking out of the skin alot (remember veins do this to some extent anyway though), then you could always mention it to the doctor to check your blood pressure if you are still worried, but I'm sure you are completely fine.

:winks: