PDA

View Full Version : so so worried

olderfella
16-09-10, 21:49
Hi guys last night and this morning were the worst i have been for a while and i am so peed off,i woke at 12 05.am like a thunderbolt had struck me with the ive got to run off dont know where to or what im running from thoughts racining round inside my head,i had fallen asleep and forgot my amitryptolene i took it straight away but these symptoms lasted 2hrs,i could not stop the fear.It eventually subsided and i laid down and went to sleep around 2.30.I woke at 7am jumped out of bed and went to shave and shower,whilst in the shower the thunderbolt raced through me again i had to run outside but again i couldnt stop this fear,i paced up and down till 8am like a headless chicken feeling terrified i was trying to get through to doctors surgery anyway i managed to get an appointment but again these pulses of fear lasted 2hrs is this the same for you guys.The doctor has increased my amitryptolene to 170mg daily from 140mg every time my doctor increases my meds it has helped for a few weeks then things seem to go tits up again,does anyone else experience this with thier meds,i cannot understand why this keeps happening any help or advice would be gratefully recieved sorry if im boring you but im desperate to stop this happening,i hate my children seeing me in such a state as it upsets them but i cannot help what is happening.R

paula lynne
16-09-10, 22:00
Just when we think we are better, anxiety comes and panic rears its ugly head, just to keep us on our toes. Are you particularly stressed at the moment? Is there a major change or upheaval going on? Hope the new dose of meds will help. Im sure its just a setback. And by the way, your kids love you, warts and all...........x

olderfella
16-09-10, 22:27
Hi Paula lyn.no im not more stressed than usual up till last night i thought i was much better but i got that wrong didnt i just,like you guys on here i am trying to find the answer to how to stop this happening,in some ways its good to know that im not alone but then again i feel sad that there is so many of us suffering from this illness with no apparent cure,like you guys i just would love to be normal again:wacko:

paula lynne
16-09-10, 22:32
I do hope you can get a decent nights sleep tonight, lack of sleep alone is enough to trigger all sorts of nasties.....yes, its unfair so many of us suffer, but you are so right, we are not alone x I hope you have a better day tomorrow. Thats all we can hope for, one day at a time x:)

olderfella
16-09-10, 22:38
Thanks Paula lynne sorry i miss spelt your name,as you say one day at a time x

agnes
17-09-10, 08:54
How are you today, olderfella? I somehow missed your post yesterday and have only just read it.

olderfella
17-09-10, 15:39
Im better than yesterday thanks Agnes,ive been to work and was fine,its when i come home that my worrying starts.Thank you for askin hope your having a calm day
R

joannap
17-09-10, 15:53
hi - you need to alter your response to the "thunderbolt" - when it hits - do anything - go for a walk, clean out the shed but DO NOT PANIC! It is the fear you add on that keeps it going - i know it can be difficult when you feel you are going to literally climb the walls but try to see it as your bodies misguided way of protecting you - it is adrenalin trying to find an outlet - all it is an attack of panic so accept how you feel but do not panic about being panicked - these attacks will get less and less the less you fear them x

Veronica H
17-09-10, 16:13
Hi Olderfella,

Thoughts become feelings very quickly with this illness as our nerves are so sensitised. It is fear which keeps this cycle going. There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes;SELF HELP FOR YOUR NERVES published by Thorsens ISBN 0-7225-3155-9.This is available from the NMP shop. Dr Weekes was a physician and scientist. She was a fellow sufferer (nominated for the nobel prize for medicine) and really understood this illness. She took the mystery out of it, and devised a simple programme for recovery. I can't recommend this enough.( It is a bit old fashioned, but still so relevant).
Here is a link to her site;

http://www.drclaireweekes.co.uk/

Another book which has really helped me is;

Matthieu Ricard ' Happiness...a guide to developing life's most important skill ' published by Atlantic ISBN 978-1-84354-558-3.He is a French Buddhist monk and a very accomplished man....here is a link to one of his talks.....

http://www.ted.com/talks/matthieu_ri...happiness.html (http://www.ted.com/talks/matthieu_ricard_on_the_habits_of_happiness.html)

This will get better. Veronicax