PDA

View Full Version : Son has a cold

Andyroo
16-09-10, 23:25
hey guys and girls...

its been ages since ive posted.. im reallly worried about my son.. his temp is really high we dont have much money to catch a ride to the doctor so i will be walking to the shop to get him some meds... his temp isnt dangerously high but still pretty high! im trying to stay calm, im trying to stay strong for him and my family but im struggling with this health anxiety... i could really use some support and comforting words :weep:

paula lynne
16-09-10, 23:31
HI nice to meet you, my little one was ill too recently...plenty of fluids, and light bites to eat if he can tolerate it, he needs something with paracetamol in for his temp, strip him off, maye shorts, and cover with a cotton sheet. A flannel on his head is soothing, and maybe a fan in the room somewhere. I understand its awful when we see our little uns ill...Im sure he will be better in no time. best wishes, nice to meet you.x :)

Electric_Worry
16-09-10, 23:33
You should take comfort in the fact that countless millions of people suffer from colds and live to tell the tale. If his temperature isn't dangerously high, then you have little to worry about. Keep him comfortable and hydrated. Over-the-counter meds can help and if you're looking for an extra boost then he could do with some vitamin C. Any citrus fruit will do, e.g. orange juice. When I was most recently ill with the flu, I would take my medication along side a cup of hot water with honey and lemon juice. It perked me up a lot.

Andyroo
16-09-10, 23:38
Thank you so much those with the quick replys! im doing pretty much everything that was mentioned i guess im abit more worried because money is hard to come by atm and i dont have a way to take him to the hospital if needed.. all thease things stress me out and add to my worry you know? im hoping when i walk to the shops thease meds will help him cool down :wacko:

Electric_Worry
16-09-10, 23:49
Rarely is a cold anything to worry about on its own, however as a parent you will worry regardless, which is more than understandable. The good news is that colds are cheap and easy to deal with, and merely require time the body to fight it off. What you do along the way is aiding the process and just making the little guy feel comfortable whilst his body goes to work.

If you are going to take him to the store, try not to keep him out for too long. The last place I wanted to be when I had the flu was outside. Plenty of rest (sleep in particular) and fluids are in order, but also (as Paula Lynne has said) things like a cool flannel and little nibbles in terms of food will help.

daybyday
16-09-10, 23:50
As a mom I understand Andy. Been there many times. And because I myself have health anxiety, I really know how 'you' feel.
I agree with others advice.
Keep us posted

Andyroo
17-09-10, 01:07
Well we got his meds but before i got them i gave him come panadol it didnt really seem to work all that well the doctor said he could also have some nurofen and thats what we went to pick up as well as some more panadol, anyways... we gave him the nurofen he seems to be abit more chatty im still worried i will take his temp again in a few