PDA

View Full Version : constantly worried

gempete
17-09-10, 11:46
hi all im new to this site, im gemma and im 27 when i was 25 i lost my mum to lung cancer and since then i have been convinced i have some form of cancer, you see it all started in my mums shoulder she had severe pain to the point she couldnt even lay down or sleep. well since she passed away i get what i can only describe as a tension ache in my shoulder and down my right arm i have had bloods around 4 times in the last 3 years and have all come back normal but when i have these symptoms they seem to be with me for weeks on end and nothing i do helps the only time i dont have them is when i go to bed and if i have my mind on something else, i am so worried about having something wrong and leaving my young family its starting to take over everything. can anyone help me put my mind at rest as think im starting to lose it :unsure:

agnes
17-09-10, 11:52
Dear Gemma

What a difficult time for you...have you spoken to your GP about your feelings and anxieties? You see, I feel that you've identified that what you're going through is anxiety by saying that sleep and distraction of your thoughts lessen the fear. I'm wondering if medication or therapy could help you?

Sending you huge hugs, Gemma :hugs:

Hazel B
17-09-10, 11:55
Welcome and I am truly sorry for your loss, though we are strangers I know grief.
Please have a look at the Health Anxiety section down the left hand side, it's really helpful. The docs seem to have reassured you that you are well, but your mind will not accept it. You are not mad, you are someone with anxiety after a loss. I am going through something similar and finally went to the docs when my pulse was over 100bpm. I'm on temporary meds to help my pulse and am now seeing a counsellor to help with years of issues and trauma. Please do consider asking your GP for hep with the anxiety, there are so many options to help.
Take care.