PDA

View Full Version : Back from Breast Scan - Have Benign Cyst

busybeingmum
17-09-10, 11:53
After a week of hell and months of worry before that, I went for my scan today. Cried during scan and the doctor was fantastic. He said the lumpiness in my breasts was normal for my age. He then spent lots of time around the painful bit on my left breast before announcing I had a small (4mm) benign cyst. I asked him how he could tell it was a cyst and nothing sinister and he said cysts were very obvious and also common in women of my age (35). He wants to leave it (no biopsy etc). Reckons it will go away on own.
THE RELIEF!!!!!!!
Start my therapy on Monday so I need to get a hold of this health anxiety. Hubby to UK for a month next week so I have to be strong (I live in Germany).
Big relief. Until the next time I worry myself sick about my ridiculous health!!!

MoonlightFire
17-09-10, 11:56
Ahh that's fantastic news!!! I'm really happy for you :) Well done for braving the test and getting through it all, must have been a very worrying time. Now you can get on with your life and your therapy :)

xx

bronte
17-09-10, 11:57
im so pleased for you health anxiety is horrible but at least you dont have to worry about the breast pain anymore hope your therapy goes well :bighug1:xx

paula lynne
17-09-10, 12:42
Good news xxx:)

Fly away Katie
17-09-10, 13:06
That great new, I can almost feel your relief :) So happy for you :) DONT worrie about anything else!! Get out there and enjoy yourself :hugs: xxxxxxxxxxxx

leeann
17-09-10, 16:53
Im so happy for you xx

daybyday
17-09-10, 17:23
So happy for your relief. And so kind of that dr. to understand through your tears and take the time to explain, and ease your concerns.:flowers: