PDA

View Full Version : citapromal

andrew england 2
03-03-06, 12:02
I am on my 3rd day in the forum and have just got back from the gp who has asked me to consider taking citapromal, I am presently on st johns wort having tried lustral and felt like a zombie and now have extreme anxiety which is only lifted by alcohol which then leads to panice attacks the next day, I have to return to the gp on weds as I asked her to check out if how long I need to be off the st johns wort before I start the citapromal, I have read its 2 wks for lustral and up to a month before starting prozac or else u become at risk of serotonin syndrome- DOES ANYONE KNOW THE TIME SCALE FOR CITAPROMAL AND ST JOHNS WORT ? or is it safe to switch meds. the st johns wort works fine for depression for me and if it wasnt for my acute anxiety I dont think I would feel such D/R and D/P but this citapromal looks promising from the posts I have read as long as u take the side effects for the 1st 2 wks - anyone comments on the switch or the citapromal greatly welcome - ty

karenturner
03-03-06, 12:42
hi

I have been taking citapromal for 3 weeks now, the side effects in the first week were the worst but managable. I am now really feeling the benefits and feel postive about my future for the first time in a long while.
hope it works for you, good luck
Karen

kturner

ANXIETY26
03-03-06, 13:00
Hi Andrew,

I made the mistake of taking Citalopram a few days after stopping St Johns Wort. What a mistake, I think I posted it one here somewhere before. Im not sure if Citapromal is the same thing but I would give it at least two weeks. St Johns wort is an MAOI?? and I think the Citapromal is an SSRI?? The two dont agree. It's like setting a box of fireworks of in your head for a few weeks!! Im not a Doctor but I think Im right here. Obviously check with your Doctor first.