PDA

View Full Version : smear test

kaijo
17-09-10, 12:45
Hi everyone, I had a smear test about 2 weeks ago, got the results back today and it says that they were not able to report my results and i need to have another one in 3 months! Is this normal to happen? xxxxx

busybeingmum
17-09-10, 13:00
Hi Kaijo. This is normal and just annoying as it means you have to go for another smear! This happened to me and the nurse (when I phoned the surgery) said it was because they didn;t get enough cells from the sample. xx

kaijo
17-09-10, 13:05
Thank you I was just a bit worried it meant there might be something wrong xxx

MoonlightFire
17-09-10, 13:08
Sometimes they don't get a useable sample...like busy said, they don't always have enough cells on the slide to analyse. It just means they need a new sample. I think it can also mean they've lost the sample! It happened with a urine test I had a few years ago...they lost the sample and asked me to do a new one by which time the problem I had had cleared up anyway!

Hazel B
17-09-10, 13:43
This has happened to me before, rest assured it's just that they did not get enough cells, or sometimes if it's near your period there may be a bit of blood which means they can''t use the sample.

indigo
17-09-10, 21:39
I had this happen to me too. First i went to my doctor to have a smear, it came back not enough cells. So she did it again and again came back not enough cells!!!!! So in the end had to go to the hospital, they did it and it came back fine!!!!!