PDA

View Full Version : Low blood pressure and body temperature - weakness

uk23
17-09-10, 15:24
I have been getting weaker with less appetite for the last few weeks, also abdominal pains and mental fogginess/confusion.

My body temp (armpit with digital thermometer) was 35.4 this morning and my blood pressure is 100/60 (which is low for me), I am also weak and really tired/dizzy. I have been eating non solid food for weeks but I have been eating around 2000 cals per day for the last week from medical drinks (fortisip) which contain all the vitamins, minerals, carbs, sugar, etc that are needed.

I really dont understand what is going on.

I have seen doctors and nurses adn they have done blood tests and urine tests.

uk23
17-09-10, 16:43
Went to see the doctor, she wants me to see a general surgeon asap and has sent across a request, obviously this is making me more anxious :(

leeann
17-09-10, 16:52
I really hope everything goes ok. PLease let us no thinking of you xx

JAYQ
17-09-10, 17:16
Went to see the doctor, she wants me to see a general surgeon asap and has sent across a request, obviously this is making me more anxious :(

Why did she want you to see one asap? Because of your body temp?

nomorepanic
17-09-10, 17:17
Did she say why you need to see a surgeon?

uk23
17-09-10, 18:07
She said that she wasnt sure about the symtoms and the tests have come back negative so thats what she thinks is best.

countrygirl
17-09-10, 19:17
Have you had your thyroid tested as you have classic underactive thyroid symptoms and its amazing how many Drs do not do this test as routine.
I worked as advisor for thyroid charity so know the figures on this one!

Ask your surgery if your blood tests included a thryoid screen and if not then get back and ask for one as it could be simple problem rather than something drastic and would save you loads of worry.

If they have done a test ask what the result was within their normal scale because a result that is bordeline underactive can give serious symptoms as well.

If it has been done and really is normal then see your surgeon and I hope that a simple explanation for your symptoms - take care.

uk23
17-09-10, 21:54
I had a thyroid and lupus test, they said it was fine but I understand there can be borderline results for it.