PDA

View Full Version : Sleep problems! Help!

MancsBest
18-09-10, 10:24
Basically ever since I can remember I have never had a full nights sleep. I HATE it! It makes me really upset that i cannot sleep fully. There was only about once or twice in my life that I had a full night uninterrupted sleep, it was soo amazing and I felt the best. I believe this broken sleep is taking a toll on my life. Here are the problems I have on a nightly basis -

1) I am a very very light sleeper. The tiniest noise can wake me up. I wear foam earplugs but they fall out and the noises wake me up.

2) I wake up to urinate once a night (around 3-5am). I have tried not drinking after 7pm but I still have to urinate in the night without fail.

3) I have anxious sleep. Due to my anxiety it feels as though the anxiety is going crazy WHILE I sleep. When I wake up I am in a state of heightened anxiety. I believe it is causing the problems I have with sleep.

Any suggestions?

countrygirl
18-09-10, 13:08
I have never ever had an interupted nights sleep in my life as far as I can remember - like you I always go to the loo at least once a night no matter when I last drink and due to aches and pains I wake up quite a few times a night.
You don't need to sleep right through to get enough sleep - I altogether get 8 hrs sleep a night so don't worry about waking up - just go back to sleep and don't worry about it ( easier said than done).
Worrying about sleep is a sure way to trigger insomnia - if I have to get up early next morning then I can be sure that I will not be able to get to sleep for hours but if I can sleep as long as I like then I am asleep within minutes of getting into bed!