PDA

View Full Version : 10th day of taking Citalopram 10mg

rachelgaskin
18-09-10, 11:53
i have been put on Citalopram because of my anxiety & slight depression after my neice passed away of sudden death syndrome, i am constantly thinking somthink is going to happen to me like i have a brain tumor because i keep getting head pain constantly on one side of my head, i have also had a ct scan and it came back clear so doctor thinks i have health anxitey. i have tried all diffrent pain killers but none work this worryes me more:unsure:. has any one else had pain from anxiety that dont seem to go???
im 21 btw and i have a 1yr old boy so realy need to sort my self out..
citalopram has been ok with me so far but today i have started to feel sick is this normal??
and how long will they take to work because at the moment i feel more pannicy than normal??

steveo1980
18-09-10, 19:03
anxiety is normally increased before you start to feel better. should reduce soon.

ditzygirl
18-09-10, 21:23
hey take it easy on yourself - it takes time for the drugs to take effect but you are grieving too, dont expect too much too soon. It takes time to make sense of all you are going through and all your family have been through.
some couselling might really help youx

myiguanodon
21-09-10, 13:32
The sickness feeling could well be a side effect of the Citalopram, was one of the side effects I got when I started and when changing doses. It should get better as your body gets used to the Cit.

Hazel B
21-09-10, 13:48
Hello, I had Cit for 4 days and then had to stop as it made my head feel odd, anxiety worse and sweat too much. I switched meds, but when it does work it can take 1-2 weeks and should work for you.
I know how it feels to lose a loved one very suddenly and empathise. It contributed to my anxiety and it was 3 years ago.
I'm also having talking-type counselling which is helping my grief.