PDA

View Full Version : Deep Breathes

ogarchamplin
01-03-04, 01:10
Does anyone at times feel like that cant get a really deep breathe? its an odd feeling and i hate it. I am having a bad day between paplpatations, lump in throat and cannot get a deep breathe. I HATE ANXEITY

Harrisburg, Pa

ToniDMB
01-03-04, 03:20
Hi...well, I sometimes have that same sensation...that I can't seem to get a deep breath, it usually happens in the morning (which is when I get most anxious for some reason) but if I don't dwell on it, and focus on something else for a while, it goes away.

I know how hard it is not to think about it, but I think thinking, dwelling and worrying about it only makes it worse.

It is hard to focus on other things, believe me I know...but practicing stuff like meditation, yoga, listening to calming music, even a cup of tea...and doing it when you aren't anxious will help you learn how to relax more.

These are all some of the things that I have found to help me.

Good Luck,
Toni

BrazilBill
01-03-04, 09:19
That's really good advice above :0)

One thing that used to help me when I got breathless (which was often) was to try a breathing exercise - inhale normally, then, on the outbreath, try and purse your lips a little to create some 'back pressure' in your lungs. Make the out breath last twice as long as the in breath. Repeat this until you feel the panic reduce a bit.

Hope this helps,

BB

benoo5
01-03-04, 13:35
good advice,in both replies,

i posted a very good yoga exercise,some time ago...put YOGIC BREATHING in the search facility,

ime sure you will find this of help.

best wishes, bryan.

Laurie28
02-03-04, 11:44
Hiya,

I have this and was constantly trying to get a deep brath at one point and then getting worked up when I couldn't!!

You have to be specially trained to get deep breaths when you want. Try all the above and let us know how you go

Take Care
Lucky

bananarbabe
05-03-04, 22:56
Hi,

I've noticed that I've been having problems with my breathing a lot lately. I know its anxiety as I'm under a lot of stress at school. I have this 20 page paper due in a week and its really difficult. Additionally, I'm suppose to get this paper that I did back with a grade and I don't think I did very well. Finally, my sis seems really stressed out as well and thinks shes has some anxiety symptoms.

What I've been doing lately is going outside or opening a window to inhale some fresh air. I've been doing some diaphragm breathing but it hasn't been helping but the open window works.

Also, yoga is really helpful as well.

Cheers,

Chris

Meg
08-03-04, 16:51
Remember that when you're anxious , your lungs do actually get bigger so you need to take in more air to fill them - fight/flight response.
You are not short of breath - just needing more of it and its normal.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

PinkLady
08-03-04, 23:20
i am experiencing the same thing today plus blurry vision on top.
i have the throat sensation and the palpitations and find that when I do get on line this helps.
Deep breathing and a walk willhelp.

Hope you begin to feel better!
Trina

Trina