PDA

View Full Version : Why Does My Heart Race

ian414
18-09-10, 19:05
Oh my god i hope there is somone out there like me, ive just got up off the Sofa (SETTEE) and walke to the top of my stairs my heart was racing like mad, just took my Pulse and its doing 140 beats a min, and i felt light headed, what is going on i get this all the time and i really thought this is Anxitey, ive had alot of tests done and all been clear ECGs, ECHO, BLOODS, so why does this keep happening to me i wasnt even Anxious, can amyone please Explain why this keeps happening to me thank you Ian

Maj
18-09-10, 19:34
It sounds like you've maybe gotten up too quick and that's why you are light-headed and your pulse has gone up. It sounds absolutely nothing to worry about. I'd just try and take it a bit easier. You say you are not anxious but I think you probably are a bit and that's why you are worrying and making your pulse go higher!! :hugs:

ian414
18-09-10, 19:58
yes thats true thank you for that

wendy28
18-09-10, 21:09
Ian mine used to race like that the doctor gave me 80mg slow release propanolol,it really does help x

s11fyx
18-09-10, 22:27
mine does this to i feel it more when im anixious but thats cos im thinking about it

your heart needs to beat faster when you get up if it didnt you wold fall over as my gp tells me all the time x:)

jothenurse
19-09-10, 00:16
I have a lot of tachycardia with my anxiety ( has been up in the 160's) - all normal EKG's. But because I have for so many months prior not exercise because I was afraid my pulse would go up, now that I do hardly anything, my pulse will go up. I have to work through that and keep myself calm for that is the only way I will get back into shape. I used to run and hike. I loved exercising. Now I am terrified with it at times.

ian414
19-09-10, 08:00
Hi Jothenurse, yes mine is the same it will go up for no reason even if i walk it will race im laying here now and its racing but then again im feeling my Pulse, i hate going to the hospital now as ive been so many times and i also get alot of chest pains, The ECGs come back all normal apart rom it showing Sinus tachycardia, a fast heart rate.
I was driving last night and it just came on, i was feeling my Pulse while i was driving and god it was going fast ive had it to around 140 but that then makes me worry like mad. Also i always feel off Balance when standing still or walking that a really nasty feeling, i always think im dying, so really what do i do about it? Ian