PDA

View Full Version : Septacaemia

ajmorris87
18-09-10, 20:30
Hi all for the last 2/3 days iv been worried so much im going to get septacaemia because i have two bad teeth which i know have to be removed but im too scared to to have it done because im terried of needles stupid i know

i have doctors appointment for monday and iv been to doctors before about them and he gave me some amoxicillin and didnt seem that concerned about them just told me i need them removed

but now im so worried im going to get septacaemia i think im coming down with cold/flu syptoms i just got that strange feeling and bit of a headache and its all i can think about its stopping me sleeping and driving me mad i dont know what to do.

margaret jones
18-09-10, 20:39
Hi Aj sorry you are feeling so worried about Septacemia but It is very rare and I am sure that your fluey/cold symptons are just that you re coming down with a cold .
Try and take some comfort from the knowledge that every other person seems to have a cold/fluey thing at the moment .

Spoil yourself and rest and when you are feeling better ring your dentist and explain your worries about the needle thing and I am sure that there is a alternative to the needle ( a gel i think ) that will help to numb the area if your teeth need attention .

Take Care Maggie

ajmorris87
18-09-10, 20:46
Thanks for your response, i have just got over a cold about 2 weeks ago it seems to be a lot worse when i think about it but i cant stop thinking about it, its a horrible cycle.

I didnt know about the gel stuff ill speak to the dentist about it thank you

Maj
18-09-10, 20:57
I think when we are anxious we always think about the worst possible scenario! Having two bad teeth isn't such a big deal so don't beat yourself up about it. Some people have a mouthful of bad teeth and still don't have a remote chance of sceptacaemia. It is very rare. We tend to dwell on things too much when we are anxious. It's not stupid to be terrified of needles, lots of people are. After you take your antibiotics and get over your cold then you might even feel like dealing with the teeth. :hugs: