PDA

View Full Version : Yet again ANOTHER symptom

MrBlue
18-09-10, 20:36
Today I noticed after weeks of chest pains at random times (not just during panic attacks) on the left side of my chest mainly, a kind of pressure feeling when I move in certain positions when sitting down, it feels as if something is pushing on my chest. Obviously is has scared me but I am trying to put it down to anxiety as I'm only 18 years old and have no history of heart disease, and I don't smoke and rarely drink and I'm not overweight but nevertheless I'm still scared!

Anyone experience this?

margaret jones
18-09-10, 20:44
Hi Mr Blue Welcome to NMP sounds like your problem might be muscular have you been doing anything different that might have contributed to the pain ??

Try and relax and maybe apply some heat to the area and see if that helps

MrBlue
18-09-10, 20:55
hi magaret thanks for the reply, no i have been diagnosed with anxiety for the past 9 weeks or so now and i told my doctor about the chest pains and he listened to my heart and said its fine and i am very healthy and not to worry etc etc and the chest pains are my anxiety and to try ignore them. but there is still a doubt in my mind 'what if i have heart disease, what if i get a heart attack at any point' which leads me to feel more worried

Fly away Katie
18-09-10, 20:56
Ive had this, its just damn anxiety x x x

MrBlue
18-09-10, 22:50
it really sucks :( if i knew 100% it was just anxiety i'm sure it would go away

paula lynne
19-09-10, 11:45
Hi Mr Blue, Im sure its anxiety, as we tense up when in a high panic state, and use our intercostals (muscles between ribs) without even realising it. Try anti-inflammatories for a day or two to reduce the pain, then be more aware or your breathing next time you have a panic. Maybe reading up about panic attacks and how it effects our bodies in the left hand column would help. x Take care x:welcome: whoops meant to press...:noangel: