PDA

View Full Version : Hi, joined so I can start recovery

rosi
19-09-10, 10:43
I've had anxiety all my life. My childhood was full of it (from sources not of my making) and I am now a lone parent raising children and am a full time carer for one of them so my stress levels are through the roof. Plus, although I try and get out and meet people and indulge in hobbies a lot of my time is at home with just myself and the children for company so I obssess and brood.

Today Health anxiety is my fear. I've had HA since forever but it really triggered when I nursed a relative through an illness. I can't burden my mother with it (she is a lovely person but not mentally strong) and I'm the sort of person who couldn't chat about it to friends-I'm the light hearted, witty one in any group, the people pleaser, so to ask for help is just alien to my nature.

With the help of you good people here I hope to fight my anxiety, irrational thoughts and start living. At the moment though I feel dry mouthed and preoccupied with thoughts of illness and obsessive checking.

Whewwww, just writing that made me feel like a fraud. Thats the big thing with me, I always feel people have it worse and I'm just whinging.

Anyway, hello to you all.

diane07
19-09-10, 10:44
Hi rosi

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

happycamper
19-09-10, 10:54
Hi Rosi,
No way are you a fraud!
I can relate to a lot of your post too and even just admitting how I felt 3 months ago has been a tremendous help, hope you'll feel the same way.
XXX

paula lynne
19-09-10, 11:18
Hi Rosi and a big welcome, and well done for taking a positive step. Glad to know you. xx:welcome:

rosi
19-09-10, 11:23
thank you for the welcome. So many people have this problem but you never meet them day to day, so nice to be with people who understand. Hugs to you all :)

Plum
19-09-10, 22:01
Yeah Rosi, I joined for the same reasons

london
19-09-10, 22:36
your get recovery here god bless