PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know what A&E test for?

uk23
19-09-10, 20:32
I had some bloods done at A&E, the nurse had a large sheet of results and said everything was normal - does anyone know what they actually test for in a standard a&e type test? They took 3 things of blood.

debs71
19-09-10, 20:51
The two main tests done are A FULL BLOOD COUNT which measures your red cells, white cells, platelets and varous other components of your blood. This can indicate things like anaemia (low red cells) or infection (high white cells).The second common test is U'S AND E'S (urea and electrolytes) which basically measures the major salt, proteins and waste products like potassium, magnesium, sodium, urea. etc. Basically, the things that at normal levels keep the body working well.

As for the third test, well it could have been several things, but as I don't know what you were there for it is hard to say! They can test for sugars - which is a more accurate measure of your blood glucose level - that tests for problems like diabetes for example, or a Ferretin blood test (iron levels) but there are several other specific tests they can do depending on your symptoms.

Suffice to say, if they said everything is normal, that is great news!

nomorepanic
19-09-10, 22:17
You have to move on from this now and accept that it is anxiety as you have had more tests done in a few weeks than most get in a lifetime lol.

You are not ill I am sure of that - it is anxiety I believe.

JJodrum
28-06-18, 20:19
You have to move on from this now and accept that it is anxiety as you have had more tests done in a few weeks than most get in a lifetime lol.

You are not ill I am sure of that - it is anxiety I believe.

Wow, what a cow!
Don’t give up if you feel something isn’t right. I felt like that for 3 years before they found a tumor in my head.:lac:

nomorepanic
28-06-18, 21:13
Wow, what a cow!
Don’t give up if you feel something isn’t right. I felt like that for 3 years before they found a tumor in my head.:lac:

How charming are you - personal insults are not allowed thank you.

KK77
29-06-18, 11:01
How charming are you - personal insults are not allowed thank you.

I have fans on here too :shades:

How rude, Nic :lac:

pulisa
29-06-18, 16:56
Post Of The Year for the HA board?

Interesting choice of words for a first post but it takes all sorts...

nomorepanic
02-07-18, 00:53
Obviously wanted to make a point not even knowing the history with uk23