PDA

View Full Version : Afraid , Broke down after they left.. please help

Brainwash
19-09-10, 21:52
Hi everyone, please help me. I feel terrible. My parents have just gone for a holiday trip and I feel so much anxiety now. When they left I just broke down and started crying non-stop. I don't know what to do but i just can't help feeling this way.. I am suppose to go back to sleep but I can't and I am trying my best to distract myself. I don't want to feel this way and did not told my parents anything because I want them to enjoy their well deserved holiday. I am 17 this year and I am going crazy thinking about it for the past week. Please help really. I just joined not long ago and can't use the chat room function. Everyone here at my country is asleep as it's early in the morning. I am terrified and afraid, confused at the same time.

Is there any advices you can give me? Do anyone of you feel this way ?

being like this sucks,
brainwash.

Anxious_gal
19-09-10, 21:55
you can use the chat room after 5 posts and so far you have made 2 posts :-)

paula lynne
19-09-10, 21:57
Is it being alone thats the problem at the moment, or general anxiety hun?:hugs:

Anxious_gal
19-09-10, 22:00
aw I know I get scared too when my family go on holiday and I'm left all alone.
I;m like what if this and that happens and there's no one here :-(

do you have any other friends or family around that you could call or visit?
or even friendly neighbours?

lizzie29
19-09-10, 22:07
Hi
I get like this too. Do you know what it is that worries you, is it being alone? Or that something might happen? The best advice I can give, is to fill your time. Make plans to see people, find things to do. If nights are hard, leave the tv on, or a light downstairs so you don't feel so alone.
Have you got a friend nearby who could stay over one night, maybe break it up a bit? x

Brainwash
19-09-10, 22:07
thank you all so much for replying. I don't know what's wrong with me, I have never felt this way before. I am trying to watch my favorite show to distract me but can't seem to do so cause I keep tearing up.

to paul, thank you so much for sacrificing your time to help people like us in distress and I tried the breathing tips.. and it did help me calm down..

I think it's how I felt all alone when they left and also me being worried for them. It's the combination of so many feelings that make me don't even feel real for a second. it's like i am a total different person.

I tried talking to my friends about it, but it seems no one else is experiencing it either and i do feel kind of embarrassed to be still feeling this way when most of my friends are "used" to the feeling already.

I don't know what to do.. It just seems so overwhelming..

paula lynne
19-09-10, 22:11
Try a paper bag hunny x:)

miss_moose
19-09-10, 23:55
Hello Brainwash,
I'm getting all teary reading your posts, you are suffering with Seperation Anxiety, i get it terrible too, even if my partner is away for just 1 night.
I get the uncontrolable crying, hyperventillating, panic attacks, nausea, shaking ect.
I think you are doing the things that i do to help me, although when i get in such a state nothing comforts me as i think you are finding now.

Keep doing what you are doing though, watch your favourite shows, i find my Friends DVDs most comforting so i have that on loop practically the whole time, or especially at time of extreme panic, and through the night.

At night time, do you have a tv in your room? If so, put that on (or sleep in a room with a tv in it), so instead of laying the dark and silence, you have some comfort, a bit of light and sound to make you feel more at ease.

Also, if you have money go to the shop if you can and get your self a pile of your favourite magaines and puzzle books, to help with th bordem but to also distract you. I always do puzzles books when i'm having a bad panic attack, it calms me down because im concentrating so hard on on what i'm doing, it helps to put the panic out of my mind as thats wher it all begins.

Make sue you have some by your bed too, so you can hopefuly fall asleep in the middle of a crossword.

Childrens puzzle books are great because when your mind is too fuzzy to do the hard puzzles, you can just do the easy kids ones without thinking too much but just enough to blot of the anxiety.

Also sleep with a drink by your bed, keep sipping it to help with the panic and nausea that sometimes comes with it, sucking on ginger really helps too, or just normal ginger biscuits.

And keep coming on here, posting and you'll always have our support xxx

Tights hugs xxx:hugs:

Brainwash
20-09-10, 14:00
Thank you so much everyone. Just a quick update, as the time go by, I am feeling much better. More relaxed now. Although the anxiety is deep down in me but I can feel myself relaxing so much.

Thank you all for all those advices, it helps alot. And I really feel that i have grown through this experience. For those experiencing the same thing as me I would say hang in there! and the feeling will pass soon enough (: This website is a life saver.

paula lynne
20-09-10, 14:32
So glad you feel better!...see...you are stronger than you think!:D

diane07
20-09-10, 14:41
Only just seen this post

Glad to hear you are feeling better hun and more relaxed

di xx