PDA

View Full Version : help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! having an attack!!!!!

calm
20-09-10, 09:28
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY are the mornings so bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my stomach is in knots i feel sick and i think my head is going to explode!!!!!!!!

help...my husband does not understand....just goes off and leaves me too it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Jaco45er
20-09-10, 09:33
Calm

It's just your body's organs releasing chemicals that are making you feel this way.

Now this won't cure you, but it will make it feel not so bad, get a nice cold glass of water and sip, and try to be a little active, even if it's just walking up and down the living room.

Water and activity help to flush and use up all that nervous energy, so if anything, it shouldn't last too long.

And remember, you have been here before and felt better afterwards, so don't let all those negative thoughts overwhelm you.

I get like this on a Monday morning calm, so i know where you are coming from.

Hope it passes soon

Jaco

calm
20-09-10, 09:35
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh jaco...thank you my darling....i will i will and yes i understand xxxxxx

i will go and get a glass of water and sip it slowly...thank you so so so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hope you are ok.....thank uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

LiquidSky
20-09-10, 09:38
it'll pass soon Calm, hope you're feeling better already :)

calm
20-09-10, 09:42
liquidsky.......thankuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

bloody awful isnt it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! need to calm down.....and try and relax!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you both of you lots of love tracey xxxxxxxx

paula lynne
20-09-10, 09:47
Hi hunny, get a paper bag and re-breathe......x:hugs:

calm
20-09-10, 09:52
i havent got a paper bag boo hoo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flippin hell....okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk i am going to calm down.....got some good tips from gypsey woman....and all of you above ....thank you my special friends...got to start work in 9 minutes....dont know how i am going to cope..but yes i always do!!!!!!!!!!

love you guys loads....paula you ok my love xxxxxx

LiquidSky
20-09-10, 09:52
yep they are awful things, so annoying when they jump on you like that, try to calm yourself and know it'll pass and always does :) hang in there :hugs:

calm
20-09-10, 09:53
i will liquid...going outside for a cig...i know i know....its not good but i am chain smoking at the moment!!!!!!!!!!!!! and that scares me but dont smoke in the house!

paula lynne
20-09-10, 09:53
ok, put your hands over your nose and mouth and re-breathe then....SLOW BREATHES....from your tummy...SLOWLY.......x:hugs:

calm
20-09-10, 09:54
thank you paula....bless you my darling xxxxxx

calm
20-09-10, 10:00
going to start work....very shaky....but hopefully i will calm down!!!!!

so sorry guys....full blown this morning.....things will get better i am sure xxxxxx

love you all loads and as always i am here for you all xxxxxx

LiquidSky
20-09-10, 10:04
no need to apologize calm, we all need reassurance sometimes or just somewhere to vent :) hopefully your day will get better, have fun :)

calm
20-09-10, 10:06
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh liquid...thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuu

oh god!!!!!!!!!!!.....i just hope i have the inner strength.....every single day as soon as i open my eyes.....its like i am on a merry-go-round...and cannot get off! do you know wot i mean xxxxxx

thank you xxxxxxx

LiquidSky
20-09-10, 10:21
you will find the strength :) you can always pop into the chat room I'm usually in there from about 8am, if you want a quick rant or a chat :)

calm
20-09-10, 10:28
thank you liquid that is oh so good to know xxxxxx

thank you xxxxxx

heavenly
20-09-10, 10:55
Hey you, how are you now?? xxxx

calm
20-09-10, 11:00
hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii = flitting from work and here!!!!!!!!!!!!

so one edge my love....and so so fidgity.....cannot concentrate.

everything is getting on top of me....even the small stupid life stuff i blow out of all proportion!!!!!!!!!!!...........will it ever ever ever get better!.....my strength is ebbing from me....and i feel so so desperate!

so sorry...i know we are all going through our own battles...thank you all xxxxxx

heavenly
20-09-10, 11:05
hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii = flitting from work and here!!!!!!!!!!!!

so one edge my love....and so so fidgity.....cannot concentrate.

everything is getting on top of me....even the small stupid life stuff i blow out of all proportion!!!!!!!!!!!...........will it ever ever ever get better!.....my strength is ebbing from me....and i feel so so desperate!

so sorry...i know we are all going through our own battles...thank you all xxxxxx

Nothing to apologise for. :hugs: So sorry you are having a bad day today but you are working, what an achievement!! :yesyes: Remember, try and focus on what you have achieved today. xxx

calm
20-09-10, 11:07
errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr im not doing that well with work and that scares me so so much.

i better get back and do some.....are you ok...i will pm you later xxxx ok xxxx if you need me you know where i am xxxxxxx

Tessie28
20-09-10, 11:12
Hi Calm,

at the doctors just now he was going through my notes and asked if I had ever smoked. I said no but I'm seriously thinking of taking it up.:winks:

Hope you are feeling better,
Teresa

calm
20-09-10, 11:54
lol teresa....DONT....i am chain smoking and it is oh so not good xxxxxx

you have made me smile...thank you xxxxx

Nigel
20-09-10, 13:24
Hi Tracey,

I’m sorry you had a bad start to the day. How’s things now? Hope you’re feeling better :)

You know... a lot of people say mornings are the worst – both for anxiety and depression – and there is a real reason why that is. I read it once... but now I don’t remember what it was :doh:

Re Paula’s paper bag trick – it’s a good thing to always have in your panic and anxiety toolkit :winks:
But if you don’t have one handy, you can get the same effect by counting. The whole thing with the breathing is that when panicking a person tends to hyperventilate – taking in lots of short breaths and not breathing out enough. All that extra oxygen is great for pumping up the body ready to fight in a truly dangerous situation, but when there’s no real danger the oxygen/co2 levels get out of balance and cause of a lot of the other unpleasant feelings.

Breathing into a paper bag works because it makes you re-breathe the same air, hence not taking in so much oxygen. Counting works because you count for longer as you breath out. It’s often called ‘7/11 Breathing’ because it’s suggested that you breathe in for a count of 7 and out for a count of 11. Doesn’t matter if you’re more comfortable with different numbers, or if you count faster or slower. Just make sure the out breath is ALWAYS longer than the in breath. And another benefit is that focusing on the counting helps divert the mind from focusing on the panic.

Another little trick is simply to have a good long yawn. It might sound silly, but when you think about it, what exactly is a yawn... :shrug:
It’s a long out breath :winks:

Hope you’re feeling calmer now,
Nigel

heavenly
20-09-10, 15:13
Nigel - thanks for those really helpful tips re breathing xxx

Tracey - will PM you later. Hope you are ok hun. xxxx

calm
20-09-10, 15:17
NIGEL....thank you for sending me a message...what a wonderful family we have and i will definately do this xxxxx thank you once again xxxxx

yes heavenly do ....back to work now lol xxxxx trying to remain calm....and i am achieving it...thanks my love xxxxx look forward to hearing from you xxxxx