PDA

View Full Version : Worried about getting to work :(

Jellie
20-09-10, 10:22
I work like a few hours a week, not many just enough to get me out of the house and now and again, but lately I just can't get to work without my partners help. I keep having panic attacks which are setting my progress back by months. The worst thing is they are evolved panic attacks, they have changed when I made progress into one that makes me feel I'm about to throw up on everyone which is one of my fears. I don't know what to do asmy partner works and has uni so will never be here to help me and I totally can't get there eek! I don't want to lose my job as it is the only time i often go out so I don't know what to do :(

xx

CrazyCatLady
20-09-10, 10:58
Keep going to work - you can do this! Don't let the panic attacks rule your life. How do you get to work? I doubt that you are going to throw up on everyone... But if you are, it really won't be the end of the world! take a little bag with you for awhile if it makes you feel better, i do on long car journeys anyway.

You are doing great - look at what you have acomplished! You just need to not be tricked by the changes in your panic attacks - let them wash over you, it's all adrenalin...

:hugs:

heavenly
20-09-10, 11:02
I know its hard, even though I only work part-time, its a real struggle,every day to get into work but I keep telling myself that its good for me to be at work, I am with people, I am distracting myself from my negative thoughts, it gets me out of the house etc...so whilst its a real struggle, I know in the long run, work is a good thing for me. As CatLady said, what is your journey to work?