PDA

View Full Version : Worrying head pain on left side, above ear.

saz2121
20-09-10, 12:51
I've been pretty good recently with my HA but this morning i woke up with a terrible pain on the left side of my head. I winced for around 8 seconds and then it disappeared.

I went about my business and it happened again. It's been happening since, sporadically - it's like a shooting pain/ ache in the left side of my head, above my ear. It's not overly painful as i can still function throughout but it's starting to alarm me. Once i could have dealt with, maybe twice but it's been happening regularly throughout today.

It's never happened to me before and i very rarely get headaches. I took paracetamol and it didn't help at all.

I have no other symptoms (migrane symptoms), no sickness, no blurry vision, no aversion to bright lights, nothing - just these pains in my head.

They come possible every 10-15 minutes and last around 8 seconds. Has anyone evey had this. I am absolutly terrified of what this could be... i could just go home today and sleep it off, but i can't.

What could this be??? I am petrified of seeing doctors... please help.

gypsywomen
20-09-10, 13:00
it might be trapped nerve you may have slept funny or maybe a tooth causing shooting pains rinse your mouth with cold water if you get the pain then its teeth

Nicole01
20-09-10, 13:58
Hi Saz,

I get this all the time at the moment, anywhere in my head. Really scares me.

Not sure what advice to offer as having seen umpteen doctors and have various eye tests, I'm still not convinced about what it is.

According to everyone else, it's a sure sign of stress.

Nx