PDA

View Full Version : diazepam withdrawel

moomintroll
20-09-10, 22:01
i have now stopped taking this as my tablets are finished, i have been on it over a month, i am now suffering from withdrawal symptoms from it ie
panic attacks, crying, vomiting etc, i never had the dosage reduced gradually as i never knew to do this and just finished my tablets

my work are being such a pain about it and said it should be out of my system by now, i only stopped it 8 days ago!! and was told that the withdrawal symptoms can take a couple of days to start after stopping it and it can take up to a month or more for it to be completely out of my system

i spoke to a gp this morning about it all and he was concerned that i have been on 5 different types of tablets in the last 7 months, i am surprised my system has not completely shut down :weep:, i am overly sensitive to ssri and snri tablets, they make me worse

i got sent home from work last week as i was having a panic attack in the toilets and was sick and have been the same ever since and it comes and goes

has anyone else experienced horrible withdrawal symptoms?

any helpful advice would be appreciated :hugs:

lecb
23-09-10, 00:44
Going cold turkey is never good... you're in a bit of a pickle, but don't worry.. the only way is up now. I've been cold turkey and it is horrible, but things will improve. I wouldn't suggest going back on it as you've survived so many days without it so far, but i would advise some time off, or time to yourself (not to panic, but to relax).

Always wean off... not your fault... if you get desperate then talk to your doc again, but for now you've got to ride the storm. It will improve. I promise, i've been there. X