PDA

View Full Version : Having a panic attack and I'm scared :(

Clairalou
20-09-10, 22:28
I really hate these things I was doing so well not letting them overcome me and not letting them beat me and I'm now in the middle of a full blown panic attack over nothing :( I'm on edge, jumpy, hearts racing, keep thinking I cant breathe I'm scared and I just want it to go away. I know better than to let them do this to me so why have I let it :(
Uuurrgggghh sorry just needed to get it off my chest I don't have anyone to talk to :(

Xxxx

agnes
20-09-10, 22:45
You are still doing well, Claira, its one of those nasties, but it will pass...

i'm with you in thought, i know what its like

lots of love, you'll be much calmer very soon xx

Electric_Worry
20-09-10, 23:07
If it's any consolation, my first panic attack was seemingly entirely out of the blue. It hit me from nowhere, so don't feel too disheartened about having a full-blown attack over what you perceive to be nothing. Just remember to try and keep your breathing steady (in through your nose and slowly out of your mouth as though you're trying to cool hot soup) and remember that a panic attack won't hurt you.

ames6767
21-09-10, 08:46
I've suffered with them for 6 yrs but they do get easier and for a lot of people go completely. the trick is to get to a point where it doesn't bother you if you have one or not! You have to just let them do their thing and go. Have you read Claire weekes books? I find they help me. I know they are awful but they honestly won't hurt you. (((hugs)))) xxx

heavenly
21-09-10, 09:15
I really hate these things I was doing so well not letting them overcome me and not letting them beat me and I'm now in the middle of a full blown panic attack over nothing :( I'm on edge, jumpy, hearts racing, keep thinking I cant breathe I'm scared and I just want it to go away. I know better than to let them do this to me so why have I let it :(
Uuurrgggghh sorry just needed to get it off my chest I don't have anyone to talk to :(

Xxxx

Make sure you are breathing correctly, can you ring a friend/family member? Try and get some fresh air today. xxx

calm
21-09-10, 10:35
i do hope today is a better day for you.....its blooming awful isnt it....we will get through this xxxxx