PDA

View Full Version : What are they dreaming about?

CrazyCatLady
21-09-10, 02:15
2am and I'm woken by the unmistakeable sound of my cat having a bad dream. Bless her, she's sleeping again now (of course).

I always wake her up and give her a cuddle - hope that's the right thing to do!

I wonder what she's dreaming about? She was found feral at 1yr, and she's got lots of scars on her ears...

:unsure:

Dahlia
03-11-10, 23:12
I don't know what they dream about officially. But I reckon my cat is working through things that have happened on her turf. She growls when she dreams sometimes, and I think in her dream she is winning against naughty Charlie, the grey persian who impinges on her territory and tries to beat her up.

She follows a distinct pattern. Cuddle with me. Cleaning. Sleep. Dream (a bit of twitching and occasionally a growl or two). Then she wakes with a start, looks round like she doesn't know where she is, then immediately walks off to eat.

CrazyCatLady
05-11-10, 23:55
So you think they are memories rather than dreams?

I wonder if they ever have dreams in the human sense (imagination based).

Hope your kitten dreams up a way of getting her own back :winks:

Going home
06-11-10, 02:20
If she's a feral, i'm impressed that she's close to you, they are notoriously bad at the human thing yes? She sounds lovely and made me smile when you described her dreaming :)

Anna xx

KK77
06-11-10, 17:40
My Mogs does weird mouth movements sometimes when she's sleeping. Perhaps she's dreaming of catching another rat *sigh*

I will have to ask her...

Dahlia
07-11-10, 11:12
So you think they are memories rather than dreams?

I wonder if they ever have dreams in the human sense (imagination based).

Hope your kitten dreams up a way of getting her own back :winks:

I actually think they are like dreams in the human sense. Just like we work through things in our dreams, such as work worries, people we have fallen out with etc, I think cats dream about the things they do everyday. Like territory 'disputes', catching mice etc.

Hopefully, however, my cat will never dream that she snogged Tony Blackburn. Like I did. Last week. :wacko: