PDA

View Full Version : Elbowed hard in the eye, hurts bad

miss_moose
21-09-10, 12:03
Last night I was sat in the car, As i leaned over to get something from the back seat my fiance got in the car and accidently elbowed me really hard in my eye, which was open.
I instantly burst in to tears, the pain was almost unbarable, i put some frozen peas on it and took it easy for the rest of the night.
It's now the next morning, it hasn't come out in a bruise, i think because my eye ball took the brunt, and i can see but it hurts/aches and my eye brow hurts to touch.
I'm really worried about it, i know it's bound to hurt and if i'd banged my knee i wouldn't be worrying but with it being eye/head relate i'm so panicky about it.

If i wasn't agoraphobic/social phobic i'd go to the doctor or opticians, but it's not an option really.

Anyone had any similar experiance or can offer any comfort/advice?

Thank you

debs71
21-09-10, 12:14
Hun, is there any swelling at all around the eye or redness? If there isn't that is a good sign as if you had fractured the surrounding area that would be a clear sign.

If there is no visual disturbance or visible damage to the eyeball itself, that is another good sign, plus there is no visible bruising.

If the pain intensifies, swelling appears, etc then that is the time to worry, but in my opinion that would have already come out and shown itself by now if it was anything more damaging. It sounds to me like you have badly knocked your eye and it will settle in due course.

lots of love.xxx

paula lynne
21-09-10, 13:02
Anti-inflammatorys will help, and a cold compress xxxx:)

miss_moose
21-09-10, 13:35
Thank you. My fiance and his grandma have looked at it, and both have said they can't see any swelling, and that the whites of my eyes look normal and white, no blood shot or anything like that.

It's just achey and a bit stingy at times, not watering though.

Going home
21-09-10, 23:39
Sounds like the bone surrounding your eye and your brow-bone has taken a wallop which is probably why it still hurts, if your eye was damaged it would at the very least be bloodshot, so if its not then I wouldn't worry too much, and the pain should ease in a few more days. There is still time for a bruise to appear since they don't always appear first thing, but equally it might not.

Anna xx