PDA

View Full Version : Moving to London...Scared!

jenjen210
21-09-10, 12:32
Hi Guys,

I'm moving to London on Saturday for a work placement and could do with some support...I'm terrified! I hate myself for feeling like this because I know I should be so excited. I'm so scared of getting the train to work in the morning incase it will be busy. I'll be getting the 9am train from New Southgate if that means anything to anyone? My doctor has put me on Clomipramine and I am currently staring at it too scared to take it! Has anyone ever been on this drug and has it helped?

Thanks!

xx

Vixxy
21-09-10, 12:38
By 9am the majority of the commuters will have already got to work, so itll hopefully be a lot quieter for you :)
I think most people, regardless of their mental health, would be nervous about moving to a new city.
I hope it goes well for you!

paula lynne
21-09-10, 12:47
Wonderful new adventures await you, you can do it!! tell yourself this anxiety is excitement, and laugh at your body. Try lavender on your palms, take a mag for the trip, or listen to music....have a great time in London.xxxxxxx:D

ditzygirl
21-09-10, 13:38
This is a wonderful opportunity, you will love London. If the drugs help you then take em and don't look back. You really want to enjoy your time in the big smoke, there will always be someone to help you with the trains etc.

good luckx

Dahlia
21-09-10, 13:38
The 9am train should be pretty quiet. When I was at uni, I had a work placement in London, and had to get the train in. It was a 9.10 am train - and I always got a seat, with some to spare. I think New Southgate is also near a tube station, so that will take some of the passengers away from the trains too.

I was petrified too - but I always bought a paper, and made myself concentrate on reading. Doing the crossword helps distract you too. After a while, I got to know other commuters who always got the same train, and had someone to talk to, which made the time fly past. I managed it for a whole year - and now I actually miss those days!

Good luck!

Dahlia

Anxious_gal
21-09-10, 17:16
you could sit near the door, or stand in hallway or even in the bathroom if that helps.
also the wheels chair accessible carriage (here anyway) has less seats so it feels much more spacious.
even if it's a bit busy, everyone's going to be half asleep, so it'd quite enough.
it might help to look out the window or at a newspaper so your not so aware of your surroundings :-)