PDA

View Full Version : Having such a bad week....

Heidi1981
21-09-10, 13:20
Hi,

From all the years I have suffered from health anxiety - this last week has been my worst ever.

A couple of weeks I found a lump in my breast, and after days and nights of deliberating I finally went to the doctor (very unlike me as i'm also petrified of the dr.) The doctor confirmed there was a lump and i now have a appointment at the breast clinic on Thursday for further tests.

I am so scared - not only of the big 'C' word, on top of that I also think I have Aids (i googled the red spots that have appeared on my arm) I also have Lukemia (due to the same red spots)

Normally with my HA i cope - but this week is horrific - i cant concentrate on anything!

I don't want to spend my whole life feeling like this.... I just need to know there is light at the end of the tunnel...

x

x

Hazel B
21-09-10, 13:25
I've just had this with endless scans on my liver after having tummy pain. I had to wait from April to August to hear that I have a gallstone, in that time I had convinced myself it was terminal. I am now off work with anxiety.
Please take one hour at a time until Thursday, it's not long but will seem agony to you. Try to stop looking at "Dr Google" as it just makes you worry more and try to distract yourself with work, music, reading, puzzles, housework, whatever.
You are not alone, best wishes.

ditzygirl
21-09-10, 13:45
You are not alone sweetie, health worries are just awful to deal with.

I too am hopeless at going to the Drs but if i'm honest the worry of wot it might be are pretty understandable.

Hope someone can go with you on thursday, be thinking of you and let us know how you get onx

calm
21-09-10, 13:48
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it is just awful....i think health anxiety is one of the worst! and it can consume our minds cant it.

if you can, and only if you can, please stop googling....it adds to all our fears....i know it does mine xxxxx

please let us know how you get on xxxxx and we will all be thinking of you xxxxx

Nanerpus
21-09-10, 14:49
I'm going through the breast lump worries myself right now. I think I read somewhere that 9 out of 10 breast lumps tend to be benign and related to hormones or breast changes, so please try to keep that statistic in mind! My left breast is much lumpier than my right, and I've been to the Dr. twice in the last summer, and the first one I was referred to the breast clinic for an ultrasound and examination. The second time was recently and I found another two lumps in the same breast. My ObGyn felt them and didn't refer me to a clinic as she feels they are the same fibrocystic changes and that they should go away and to just keep and eye on them. I know how how it is to worry about stuff like this, especially when it's right there on your body and you can feel it anytime!

Please try not to fret - hormones, anxiety, stress can all play a role in our bodies and these lumps most often than not turn out to be nothing at all. Best wishes.

sammi
21-09-10, 15:32
Hiya I was referred to the breast clinic by my gp after finding a lum in my breast. It turned out to be something called a breast mouse its common in females and harmless. So try not to worry x