PDA

View Full Version : A girly one - anxiety and periods

MoonlightFire
21-09-10, 15:46
Hi guys,

I've noticed that my anxiety gets A LOT worse before and during my periods. Also I get PMT too which adds to it. Sometimes I get very depressed during my periods as well. Has anyone else noticed the same thing?

Moonlight X

Hazel B
21-09-10, 15:51
Yes, for sure! Weepy, worried and can't sleep - much worse since I came off the pill 4 years ago and way more painful!

debs71
21-09-10, 15:59
It's uncanny you mention this as I wondered the same thing!

I was due on my period yesterday and I am having a bad time with panic and anxiety at the moment,but I was pondering about how much of my anxiety right now can be atributed to premenstrual symptoms and how much anxiety?

It is interesting and I'd love to know. Without anxiety flare ups I am awful with PMS anyway so it certainly can't help matters!:weep:

I can bawl my eyes out about ridiculous things, even a heartwarming advert or something, when I'm due on. lol!!

MoonlightFire
21-09-10, 16:01
Since the end of my period (about 2 days ago) I've been feeling like a black cloud has lifted! It's like I can cope with things a little bit better now. I've only had two periods since my anxiety started up again (2 months ago) so am only just starting to recognise the things that effect it...or rather re-discover them (I've suffered bouts of anxiety on and off since I was 12).

MoonlightFire
21-09-10, 16:06
I must add that my decision to try and kick the checking/poking habit has been helping with my anxiety too...not just the lack of period lol.

lecb
23-09-10, 00:19
Absolutely! I'm lazy and don't keep track of my periods, because they're sometimes 28 days apart and sometimes 40, but i know when i'm about a week away, because i feel anxious. It's a sure sign for me.

It happens every month and it is annoying, but i know it is just my period and nothing else, which gives me comfort, and i actually feel relieved when i come on, because i think "ahhh that's why i was feeling so crap".

Ellie x

Lissy43
23-09-10, 07:08
Yes, I get so tearful and anxious :(

blueangel
23-09-10, 09:21
Yes, very much for me as well, and I've had this for years. It's definitely worse during the PMS phase (a few days before) and then during my period. I'm on day 4 of it at the moment and I feel dreadful. Sometimes it goes away during my period, but other times it lasts all the way through it.

jue67
23-09-10, 19:11
I feel very very anxious just before my period, and cry, i can be talking and want to cry, then the health anxiety kicks in and i feel ' well that pain cannot be periods, theres something wrong!' and im dying, my heart is weak, my brain tumour is back! then the pms kicks in and i want to throw a pan at someone! lol.

then the blummin period! so yes im with you on that, lol. but for the most part i do recognise the anxiety for what it is.

hope things are okay.

hugs.

jools

madeuprolemodel
25-09-10, 21:26
Im so glad someone has mentioned this! i get terrible... worst weeks or my life to be honest... i have started to take evening primrose and it helps somewhat!