PDA

View Full Version : should i be suffering,

janine85
21-09-10, 16:17
i have been off diazepam for 5 days now, i was taking it with citalopram, i now take zopiclone instead of diazepam. i only took 5mg of diazepam each day for 15 days. but i know i have posted before but i cant shake the feeling that im suffering withdrawals from the diazepam, mentally and physically.

i only took it for two weeks so, should i be suffering.?:weep::weep::weep:

also is there an alternative to zopiclone, 3.75mg only lets me sleep til 4am and 7.5mg makes me feel awful the next day.

this is day 15 of citalopram, i am starting to get resentful of taking a pill to make things bearable - is this normal? been off work 4 weeks, how long do people usually stay off work for? i dont want to b e off too long, but also going back scares me? help? xxxxx

calm
21-09-10, 16:19
i dont know the answer to your questions janine but there are loads on here that will....it is hard the work thing.....and adds such stress to our problems...small steps where that is concerned xxxxx

Hazel B
21-09-10, 16:28
I had Diaz for about 7 days, just at night, then was OK to stop them as I was over the worst of anxiety. My GP told me you can only have it for 2 weeks now as it stops us getting addicted, which I did not want. I tried Kalms from the chemist but they tasted disgusting and gave me tummy ache.
Citalopram can take up to 2-3 weeks to start to kick in, so give it time. I don't know about the "Zop" one, sorry. Also, every person is different so it's impossible to know how long you will be off work, what matters is your health and well being. Your workplace has a duty of care towards you so try not to worry too much, I understand as I'm on week 3 of sick leave but I just want to be well.
You're not alone.

joannap
21-09-10, 16:41
it has always taken me an absolute minimum of 15 days to even start to notice tiny improvements on ssris so its very early days and what you are probably experiencing is the anxiety that was just being dulled by the diazepam. they are heavy duty drugs and to be honest - no matter how bad i have been or how little i have slept whilst waiting for ssris to kick in - i have never been tempted. i only got a few hours sleep each night for the first few weeks of citalopram but it does ease up and your sleep will return. i know you feel like hell but just try and accept that you feel this way and will do for a while longer - its like you have to sit tight and wait it out because getting upset about it and worrying about it will only add adrenalin hence more anxiety. you have to kind of treat it like you would the flu - if you got flu - you would accept that you were going to feel ill and you would just wait until you felt better without getting really upset about it - this is the tack you have to take x

janine85
21-09-10, 16:47
Thanks everyone,

its just the diazepam did such a great job with all my syptoms, that when it came to my gp saying 'no more' i felt crushed. like i was back at square one. hopefully the citalopram will start taking more of an effect on me from now on.

thanks

joannap
21-09-10, 16:50
thats why its so addictive lol! and why i didn;t want to take it. ssris can make you feel terrible until they kick in - i don;t think i could ever take them again - the waiting period was so bad but you really should start to notice small improvements over the next week or so but it is often a slow process so don't worry if you get good days mixed with not so good x

janine85
21-09-10, 17:03
thank you - it is the waiting game that is terrible!!!!

and yes i see why the diaz is so addictive!, maybe the dr will give me some for emergencies if i beg lol!!

have you taken zopiclone before?