PDA

View Full Version : worried about my mam

daisycake
21-09-10, 16:53
My mum takes seizures - the doctors think they are dissassociative fits or something, but lately they have dramatically increased and she took on Thursday, Friday and Monday. Each time she was in hospital, and after she always ended up with a fever and high blood pressure. Im really scared because it was up at 177/112 and I know thats too high - they sent her home but she said she had a really bad headache. She was sick on saturday too and says she's been running to the loo for a few days so she thinks she has a virus. I googled it all and it came up with a rare brain tumour so I'm worried. But what if she ends up ill with the blood pressure? Im frightened, my Dad doesnt want to know us and I've only got my mum, if anything happened to her I would never be happy again :weep: God forbid, touch wood etc..

I'm also worried about myself, I feel like Im going to drop dead suddenly, its worse when Im out, I feel like Im leaning to one side and its not nice, to distract myself I pinch my tummy but this morning when I was getting dressed I realised my tummy's covered in bruises - Im now worried about leukemia. I have a GP on Tues morning but I feel like I'm going mad and I'm so tired, what should I do? I'm away to force myself out to Brownies (I'm a Brownie leader) but it's a ten minute walk on my own and I'm really worried. Please help.

MoonlightFire
21-09-10, 23:43
Aww hon :hugs::hugs: I'm so sorry your Mum's not been well and that you're going through a really rough time. When I went to uni I used to worry so much about my Mum (she was living alone and was suffering from depression and anxiety). I used to ring her every night! I know how it feels to have that really special close Mum-Daughter bond and it's especially close when there's not a Dad around (My Dad lives abroad and I didn't see much of him when I was a teenager/in my early 20s). What did the hospital say when they discharged your Mum? Did they give her any meds to help with the fits or any advice? Hon, please try not to Google, you'll only make yourself feel worse and you know what it's like when you Google a symptom...only the worst things come up! Rare brain tumours are just that...rare...so please try not to worry. Remember you Mum has been seen by Doctors at the hospital and they wouldn't have discharged her if they thought she might have a tumour or anything serious. If you're really worried about her blood pressure you could ring NHS direct and see what they advise and remember the hospital is always there if she needs them again.

I know what you mean about the leaning to one side feeling. When I was going through a bad patch with my anxiety last year I was getting a lot of wierd sensations around my balance...I felt like the ground was moving slightly and that I was not walking straight. Also I sometimes felt like the ground was tipping or that I was leaning to the side. I went to my Doctor and she said it was anxiety. I started a higher dose of meds and it went away.

Your tummy has bruises on it because of the pinching. Are you taking medication? My meds cause me to bruise easily and sometimes I have lots of purple bruises up my legs when I haven't even hit them hard on anything! Tiredness is also very typical of anxiety. I used to have to go for a sleep after getting panicky...it totally wore me out. It still does. Please try not to worry, the bruises will go. Try an elastic band round your wrist instead...snap it to distract yourself from your leaning feeling. One of the CBTs I saw a few years ago suggested I do that.

Big hugs :) I hope your Mum starts to improve really soon. Let us know how things go.

Moonlight Xxxx