PDA

View Full Version : Should i be worried

Eggy
21-09-10, 17:16
Last night i had to go to hospital in an ambulance as i rang NHS Direct after having chest pains and a rapid heartbeat and they sent an ambulance, They kept me in for a few hours done a few ECG's, blood tests and a chest x-ray and i was let home after 5 hours.

However today i am getting really bad neck pain, jaw pain and my face is hurting on both sides around and above the jaw area plus i have the difficulty swallowing problem.

sammi
21-09-10, 18:35
Hiya what did the doc say did ur ecgs come back fine and were ur bloods normal? X

Eggy
21-09-10, 20:10
Ecg at the hospital was ok and my blood test and chest x ray were ok.

I feel so weak today i find eating a chore, my legs and arms are really weak and my face is also weak plus my pulse at rest is around 100 or more should i be worried about that? When i saw my doctor this morning i wasnt as ill as i am now, My doctor felt my throat anyd looked in my mouth and she said it looked ok.

I feel dreadful i dont know if something is going to happen to me or not.

I worry about my right jaw as 11 years ago i had a cyst removed from that jaw so my right jaw is a bit weak anyway.

kibbutz83
21-09-10, 20:12
Hi again Eggy, you are suffering with heightened anxiety, but you probably won't believe it until or unless you start to confront your fears and your symptoms : ( When mine first started I called the paramedics on at least 5 occasions, and in the end I started feeling so guilty for wasting their time! For me, this has been the most terrifying and life altering experience in all my 47 years! But it's something that I'm having to learn to cope with, because it's not gonna just "go away" overnight :( x

Eggy
21-09-10, 21:03
This jaw pain is bad and my neck hurts i spoke to nhs direct earlier they didnt seem too concerned im not sure what is bothering me the most feeling really weak everywhere, having problems swallowing or this jaw and neck pain.

MoonlightFire
21-09-10, 23:50
Feeling weak is very likely to be due to going through a period of high panic. It does exhaust you. I get a lot of neck pain due to tension and stress, that's common in people who suffer from anxiety or in people who work at a computer and or get easily stressed. Again the swallowing thing could also be anxiety. Have a look at the symptoms page (in the menu on the left hand side) and you will find explanations for all these things :) It's a really reassuring read.

Hope you feel lots better soon Eggy,
Moonlight Xx

kibbutz83
22-09-10, 01:22
Eggy, you'll feel a whole lot better once the ad's kick in.....