PDA

View Full Version : Heart rate faster when breathing out?

uk23
21-09-10, 17:21
I thought it was meant to slow down when breathing out, not speed up :(

Hazel B
21-09-10, 18:07
Deep breathing from your tummy should calm things down after 10 minutes. I was not able to learn this in time when my anxiety started, so have temporary meds to calm my pulse.
I think breathing into a paper bag helps as well, you need to try to breathe out more than in, say count to 5 on the in and 7 on the out.
Have you seen your GP to help with this?

PokerFace
21-09-10, 20:06
Pulse changes all the time. Mine goes faster sometimes when I'm breathing out and sometimes when I'm breathing in. I asked my docotor about it and he said pulse is NEVER consistant, people just don't notice because they don't take it all the time.

Try to stop taking your pulse constantly if it's making you anxious.

uk23
21-09-10, 20:53
Im not taking it, i can feel my pulse most of the time throughout my whole body, I had an ECG and they said it was perfect but idk.

PokerFace
21-09-10, 22:42
I used to be able to feel my heart in every inch of me before I started to take propranolol. Comes hand in hand with anx. If you had an ECG and they said your heart was perfect that means your heart is perfect!

Hazel B
22-09-10, 12:13
I was the same, waking up for no reason with a pounding heart, Propranolol has helped and I'm having counselling to help with my inner crap.