PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Kenny A
21-09-10, 18:20
Hi. New to the board, had a breakdown last year and have recently come off citalopram.

nomorepanic
21-09-10, 18:21
Hi Kenny A

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Fly away Katie
21-09-10, 18:28
Hello, and welocme to NMP x x

kibbutz83
21-09-10, 19:07
Hi Kenny A, welcome..... I was just wondering what form your breakdown took? Were you actually told that you had had a breakdown by a psychiatrist? I only ask, because I believe that I have had one, but that nobody noticed :(

dannybear
21-09-10, 19:37
Hmm, you had a breakdown Kibbutz83 and no one noticed?

A friend told me she thought I had a breakdown recently.

Its an interesting thing breakdowns. Sometimes its obvious and both a professional can tell and also outsiders can.

Vanilla Sky
21-09-10, 20:29
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

kibbutz83
21-09-10, 20:44
Hello Dannybear, I suffered years and years of horrific abuse, anxiety, fear and lack of sleep or peace of mind because of other people's callousness and selfishness :( I won't go into any more details now... A few years ago strange things started going on inside me ( body and mind) then shortly after this I started having terrible panic attacks :( I've read a number of books on the subject of adrenal exhaustion ( which is basically what a breakdown is ) and I am suffering from all the symptoms :( I am a total bloody mess, and now my body is also rebelling! All my glands are swollen ( since I was prescribed Lansoprazole ) and I haven't slept without severe terror for 5 years :(
I'm afraid "having a breakdown" is not always so obvious :( It can be insidious, and well covered-up by the sufferer if he or she is good at hiding things from themselves or others. My life is a living hell, but I strive every day to heal myself :) x

StephieLane2105
21-09-10, 20:50
Hi there,

Welcome to NMP, I am a new member as well.....although I have just started taking Citalopram. It sounds like you are on the mend....I hope you continue to feel better.
This site is such a good find, I don't know too much about your situation but I am finding it so nice to speak to people who are experieicing similar things

Stephie