PDA

View Full Version : someone pls tell me this panic will stop

am3ient
22-09-10, 03:16
im trying to stay with it but this is intense. i feel like im falling off a cliff. my flat mate is abroad and theres no one about. my diaz isnt doing anything. this attack is lasting ages and im normally pretty strong and get through it but i swear im gonna crack this time..i feel totally insane

jude uk
22-09-10, 03:41
The attack may seem as if its lasting for ages but in truth it is not. The after effects can last for a bit but the panic cant. Your body is reacting to how you have felt during the attack and it will settle down. Staying with it is the key because thats the best way to overcome it, so you are doing a positive thing here. I can understand how you feel with no one around and I have been there many times. There is no quick fix to this and it will take all your own skill, power, control to get through this but I feel that you will have the courage to do so.
The attack and after-shock will begin to ease off, so be sure that you will start to feel better

Veronica H
22-09-10, 08:34
:bighug1:Hi Chris. Try this from Paul Mckenna..... imagine the panic as a wheel spinning upwards from the centre of your stomach. At the moment it is red (panic)but now turn the wheel blue(calm) and reverse the spin as it flows back towards you. This is an illness of how we think, and as panicers we have powerful imaginations, so make yours work for you. The attacks will be less severe as you learn to accept them and not add fear to the mix. Fear produces adrenaline which keeps the nerves sensitised, and so the cycle continues. You are not alone with this and it will pass.

Veronicax

am3ient
22-09-10, 14:49
thanks for the comments peeps they really helped. the panics are getting pretty severe at the moment but the support realy helps x

CrazyCatLady
22-09-10, 14:59
You will not go insane, it's just a whole heap of adrenalin. Remember, you've got though them before, you'll get through it again.