PDA

View Full Version : Weight Gain

Lauz
22-09-10, 03:28
I am so sad right now, all I have been doing is crying.
Work has just brought on this weight watcher program which I have joined. I haven't weighed myself since Jan this year when I first started on all my medication.
I then jumped on the scales yesterday knowing I had put a bit on but to my suprise I have put on an extra 10kgs!!!

It isn't a lot but back in Jan I was already 8kgs over what I wanted to be so now this is 18kgs all together!

I just don't know how I got to this point, yes I have not been eating 100% correctly but I am just wondering if my medication Pristiq has anything to do with this weight gain.

Has anyone else had weight gain on this medication or any of the medication they are on?
Since I started on it my appetite definately increased.

daybyday
22-09-10, 03:36
How do people can weight on meds. My anxiety makes me lose weight. Need 10 pounds.

CrazyCatLady
22-09-10, 10:47
Don't have any experience with your meds, but weight fluctuates with anxiety by itself, never mind with meds!

Maybe you need to tailor your exercise i bit more?

fairyclairy
22-09-10, 17:20
Hey,

Dont know if this is anything that will help - but iv also noticed my weight increasing since iv started being constantly anxious, panicking etc..

Im on Slimming World (its like weight watchers) and i am loosing abit each week, but not as much as other people in the class and im eating really healthy etc... i read in a magazine the other week that people who cannot handle stress very well i.e, anxiety sufferers etc, tend to gain weight around their stomach and have a 'ring' around their belly that is hard to shift... this is because every panic, we release adrenaline and sugars are released into our blood stream but because we're not exercising at that point, it just turns into unwanted fat...

It made alot of sense to me, my dad had also read something similar to that a few months ago... Iv read alot on here about people struggling with weightloss, but never anything about weight gain.... so im glad you've started this thread :)

Im not on any meds, but i think because i cant deal with stress very well, it is putting weight on.... and now im on slimming world, its harder to get rid of because im still anxious all the time!

I have weight watchers works for you and you find it useful, since starting mine i feel so much better and have more energy so i wish you well with it x

Going home
22-09-10, 23:06
Some meds can increase weight, beta blockers can do this because they slow the system down which means a slower digestive system too. Apparently some types of betablockers can also affect insulin regulation but i don't know how true it is. Every time I ask my doctor about the possible connection he just seems to shrug his shoulders evasively...maybe he doesn't know for sure either!

Anna xx

Lauz
24-09-10, 02:36
Thanks for the replies guys!
Now that I have thought about it all and digest the extra weight gain I am not going to let it get me down. It is what it is and am going to accept it and now put a plan in place to fix it and get back to the goal weight I want to be.
I do believe that my meds have definately increased my appetite but at the end of the day it is me who keeps opening my mouth and putting the food in.

Ahh I will miss that food haha but I need to do this for my health and myself to feel happy about my weight again.

jillyronald
24-09-10, 04:35
Here a very good and interesting tips are given by all users. If anyone have 't information about this any knowledge about weight gain then this thread include a very good details. It is very true about health and there are no any side effects.

Lauz
28-09-10, 04:30
I wanted to share some good new with everyone. I had my weigh in today with Weight Watchers @ work and I have lost 2kg :)

Anxious_gal
28-09-10, 05:05
oh wow! well done!