PDA

View Full Version : sleep paralysis??

ktloubish
22-09-10, 08:06
hi every1
ive been on mirtazapine 30mg for 3wks n 15mg for 2weeks previous 2 that for panic attacks
just recently ive had a few episodes were ive woke in the night and not been able 2 move at all!! nothing not my eyes i cant shout for help and its petrifying!! ive either jus fell bk 2 sleep or been laid struggling to move my body trying 2 shout for help or jus laying there until it goes off its really scary and im worrying about going 2 bed 2nite now because of it which isnt helping my anxiety
any1 had similar experience any advice???
kt x:shrug:

olderfella
22-09-10, 08:19
You should go back to doctors if you are certain that is whats happeneing to you and you are not dreaming

ktloubish
22-09-10, 09:25
im pretty sure thats what it is ive looked it up on google im at gp thurs so will mention it 2 him then but dont think theres anything anyone can do about them
kt

JaneC
22-09-10, 10:25
If you scroll to the bottom of the page, you'll find some previous threads on this. Hope you find something helpful in them x

ktloubish
22-09-10, 11:10
thank u jane x

rachelgaskin
22-09-10, 11:18
yes this used to happen to me all the time i would wake up and cant move my body but i could see a hear. with me tho i used to see shadow men all the time and feel like there was somthing evil in the room realy freaked me out and this used to happen for no reson because i wasent on any meds, drink, drugs or anythink like that.

Nigel
22-09-10, 12:07
Hi KT,

I know it’s scary when it happens but try not to worry about it because it’s perfectly normal. It happens to everyone when they sleep, but they’re just not aware of it. And when you think about it, it does make sense...

If a person wasn’t immobilised, they’d be acting out their dreams... and that WOULD be scary! :ohmy: :blush:

But when we wake next morning the body goes through a sort of ‘start up’ routine – like turning on your computer – and by the time you’re consciously awake the motor functions have been reactivated... although watching some people first thing in the morning, that’s debatable :wacko:

It’s just those odd occasions when we’re suddenly startled in the middle of the night that we experience it. The mind is instantly fully alert but the body isn’t yet.

Take care,
Nigel

MidnightCalm
22-09-10, 12:14
I've had this, scary but I'm guessing it's natural and somewhat anxiety related.

ktloubish
22-09-10, 13:42
thank u all for ur replies its put my mind at ease x

jill
22-09-10, 14:27
Hi hun :D:hugs:

I have had this happen a few times, in the past, when if first came on me, it frightend the life out of me.

IT IS harmless but can be very scary if you don't understand whats going on. FOR ME, mine was anxiety/stress related, not had this in a long time.

Nigel is right :yesyes: **when we wake next morning the body goes through a sort of ‘start up’ routine – like turning on your computer** that's a great way of putting it Nigel :yesyes:

Due to MY stress/anxietyty levels being high, MY start up system went all to cock LOL the only thing that worked was my eyes.:shades:

It can seem to last forever, but it only last a few seconds, Mmm 1 min at most.

Hun, IF AND I MEAN..IF.... it happens again, try and stay calm, use your breathing skills and reassure yourself it will pass. IT ALWAYS does,

Its good to hear the reply's have reassured you,if you need more reassurance there are a good few threads on hear about this.

YOU TAKE CARE

SLEEP WELL

LOVE JILL XXX

am3ient
22-09-10, 14:56
hi there
i have had this too were i cant open my eyes or move , i even went to the docs about it but he was clueless, he did say it might be anxiety related and looking at how many people on here have had experience with it i wouldnt be suprised. i found i could snap out it by breathing, like jill said try to relax and breathe deeeply and slowly and you will come out of it xx

ktloubish
22-09-10, 16:02
thank u jill x :hugs:
i wont tell a lie im poohin myself incase it happens again 2 nite i know it probably wont but cant help wondering so in that case im anxious and that leads 2 panic so im trying 2 remain calm lol (as calm as poss) fingers crossed il be ok x

ktloubish
22-09-10, 16:05
thanks jill :hugs:
xxxxxxxxxxx
fingers crossed it wont happen again x