PDA

View Full Version : Groin?

Fly away Katie
22-09-10, 18:07
I hate to post yet again about this. :weep:
But about 3 weeks ago I started getting pain in my lower right tummy (not pain, pain but It was enough to notice it) And I was on my period... So I put it down to that.. then It went completely for like 2 days after my period... and then continued to have faded for a week and then it came back!
The last 2 days haven't been great.. Today's been awful. But the pains in my groin now. Its like a slightly nagging ache (right side again)

And im still petrified its something bad (phobia is appendix)

Ive finally plucked up the courage to go to the docs tomorrow after 3 weeks of putting it off.

Im just looking for some comfort and reassurance. Because my parents do NOT help. My friends dont understand, and my boyfriend wants to leave me, cus its making my anxiety rocket. I feels everso alone.

Or even better... has anyone has this before? LIke an annoying feeling in the groin.

I did a dance class yesterday for the 1st time in 6 weeks.. could it be a pull?

(Btw, Ive been to the docs with this before and hees said its nothing, and its gone both times)

Please Help. Im so upset and worried :(:weep::weep::weep:

Hazel B
22-09-10, 18:17
Hi, I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, it may just be a move you made at the class that has caused a bit of strain, especially if you've not done it for a while. Or it may be related to your periods and ovulation.
A problem appendix make you really ill, with a very high temperature, very suddenly and does not go away, so please don't worry it's that.
Good luck at the docs tomorrow, you're brave to go, let us know how you get on. x

Fly away Katie
22-09-10, 20:08
Thakyou love. Can anyone else help? PLEASE x

baileys
22-09-10, 20:30
Its probably ovulation pain (mid cycle). I can get it quite a lot. Got it now infact, its just an annoying pain in my right groin.

Ambers
22-09-10, 20:38
Me too...I suffer seriously bad ovulation pains in my groin - sometimes on the left sometimes on the right. I have been doubled up in pain. Contrary to belief Ovulation pains can occur any time within your cycle.... mine are worse during and just after AF.
You will be fine, I know it x

Catalyst
22-09-10, 21:05
I had a really nasty pain there some years ago. It lasted quite a while & I worried about it loads. Turned out it was a strain injury. I had tried a twisting move in exercise class which I wasn't accustomed to & 'did myself a mischief'!

The fact that you've had something similar in the past that has gone away is surely a good sign? I think I've told you before about my sister & her appendicitis. It was SO obvious & she couldn't do anything for the pain.

Fly away Katie
22-09-10, 21:29
Oh thankyou so so so much. Youve made me feel SO much better about going to the doctors. It kinda 'twinges' with pain every so often :( x x x x

Fly away Katie
22-09-10, 21:36
Any one else had anything like this??? x x x x x x

lecb
22-09-10, 23:50
Don't worry, i too have had this!

It is most probably ovulatary problems. This sounds gross but i know which side i am ovulating from each month, because i get a pain in my groin - weird!

I have had a pain that has lasted there for a while and it really hurt when i went to the toilet (notably of the 2 variety - sorry to be crude). Do not worry.

If it is not period related it is most probably a muscular pull or tear.

I do know how scary symptoms can be, but it's NEVER as bad as you think. Let us know how you get on.

Ellie x

Fly away Katie
23-09-10, 16:17
Thanks Lecb :)
I went to the docs thismorning... and he asked questions, lay me down and felt my ight tummy. And hees said its definatley not appendicitis. Which im happy about...
And gave me tablets for when my next period comes.. apparently they stop the pain of being a woman lol x x x
Still worried tho, cus it hurts now when I push there x x x x

Hazel B
23-09-10, 17:01
Stop pushing there, it will prolong the healing my love. The doc has reasssured you, I hope, and you can take the tablets for when you need them.
Great that you went and great it's not more serious! Take care x

Fly away Katie
26-09-10, 22:49
Awww thank you.
its STILL there.Not in my groin. its moed up into right tummy again.
It almost feels like trapped wind... Is it even possible to have trapped wind for this long?
I dont know what to do :'( x x x x x x

paula lynne
26-09-10, 23:13
Hi hun, lie on your tummy for a bit, youll soon know if its trapped wind!!! lolxxx:scared15:

MidnightCalm
26-09-10, 23:16
I had trapped wind for a week once lol, at the end of that week it was like a tornado.