PDA

View Full Version : How long?

Heaven_Scent
22-09-10, 18:38
How long does it take to build up a tolerance to diaz? Been prescribed 5mg to be taken up to 3 times daily if needed.

Xx

Hazel B
22-09-10, 18:50
HI, my GP only prescribed 15 tablets as a short term measure. I did not need all of them, but I guess they are very careful in how long you have them.

Heaven_Scent
22-09-10, 19:11
I was on 2mg 3x daily (if needed) but they didnt touch me. Dr gave me 28. But like you they are only for the short term.Xx

Hazel B
22-09-10, 19:19
I'm sure they will monitor you and make sure it's OK, 2mg is a very low dose too, so keep telling yourself they are not for long.
I've started doing lots of other stuff to help my anxiety, walking every day, eating well etc, did your GP advise you on things like that too?
Take care.

Heaven_Scent
22-09-10, 19:23
They always do hun but ive got a lot on at the moment hence the extra help from the diaz. It is only short term tho so things can only get better :D Find walking our dogs helps, fresh air is always a good thing.Xx

Hazel B
22-09-10, 20:14
I hope it all passes soon and you get your peace back. I saved about 6 of my Diazepam "just in case" and haven't had one in weeks. I tried "Kalms" but they taste nasty and gave me tummy ache!
Hope you sleep well and have a calm day.

lecb
23-09-10, 00:41
Diazepam is a safe drug. I was on it for 2 years! By a year i had a good tolerance to it, and it took a year to come off, but a year was too long for me to be on it in the first place - fault of my GP. Don't worry, a short term will be fine - use it if you feel you need it, and don't be afraid to take it, because it DOES help.

X

Heaven_Scent
24-09-10, 17:22
Thank you for the feedback guys. Dr has increased the dose to 5mg (when needed) and im finding the increase has made a difference. Just having that safety net makes you feel better and its only a short term thing.Xx

Hazel B
24-09-10, 17:35
Please look at all the other ways to help ourselves as well, then you have all bases covered!
It will pass. x