PDA

View Full Version : Heart Rate

momof3boys
23-09-10, 01:06
Can someone help me understand this? I had some major panic and anxiety in the past and the last 6 months have been much better but in the past week or so I have been feeling my heart race again...I used to be obsessed with it until the doc ran a stress test, many ekgs, and an echocardiogram and told me all was good. That was a little over a year ago and he also put me on a beta blocker to help me with my heart racing feeling. I also started taking citalopram this past may. Also I started working out at a gym at the beginning of the month and all is going well there until last week when i got on treadmill and before even doing anything my heart rate said it was 100 and as i walked it started going up faster. Then today when i went there it was about 110 when i started so i got off of that and went to a machine that doesn't tell the heart rate and then moved onto a bicycle and my heart rate was then 130 from working out i assume and the more i rode the bike the more my heart rate actually dropped in to the low 120's...they highest it went was 131. My question is...if my heartrate is 100 to 110 when first starting to work out but doesn't rise too high while working out, is that ok? I sometimes take my resting heart rate at home because it feels like it is racing and sitting on the couch it is anywhere between 75 and 95...mostly closer to 95 lately. Do you think there could be something wrong with my heart if i had all those tests done a year ago? could that much change in that amount of time? I am only 31 and do not want to go down this road again, i just need some reassurance that i am not alone or need to know if i should see a dr? Should the beta blocker be allowing my heart rate to go high like that? i have been on that about a year now too. please someone give me some advice!!

cattttt
23-09-10, 06:24
Anxiety can make your heart race like that, but to be sure, go back to the doc, you might need to change your meds.