PDA

View Full Version : vomit and diaorrheoa with panic attacks

paula lynne
23-09-10, 13:22
Hi guys, ok Ive not had a bad panic attack for a while, but just curious if anyone else gets it? I always vomit and get diaorrheoa with a bad one, I know its the body getting rid of the uneccessesary stuff for us to run away etc, but I wonder if anyone else gets this too? Ive vomited so much during the past 10 years, my teeth have erroded to a certain degree, and Ive got floaters in both eyes from dislodged cells due to the vomiting. Gettin diaorrheoa at the same time is no picic, and my poor husband has to help me, the shame and humiliation of it all. Any stories to share with me? Thank you all, as always x :blush:

calm
23-09-10, 13:25
paula..oh my love..its awful...i think that maybe alot of us get this. paula can i say something..thank you for being on nmp..you always give such good advice and i know you help so many people xxxxx

i reach but am not, as yet physically sick but always get the other...with crohns disease it does not help...all the stress xxxx

paula...your hubby sounds like i have said before such a star xxxxx

Ambers
23-09-10, 14:11
Me! I have diarrheoa...and although I feel sick, I am not actually sick (please dont let me get that one too). I also feel I need to pass out/faint... at the same time. I have fainted on many occassions, so this is a real worry for me, espcially if I am on my own trapped on a train etc.

I also find I am taking paracetamals (sp?) tablets all the time as I ache...right now my legs both ache (flu-like) and I have tummy and headaches. I know that I feel like this right now as the last two days I have had bad PA/Anxiety and this is the left overs from the stressful few days.

Did you get to see your gran? x

paula lynne
23-09-10, 14:20
Hi Ambers! x yes I saw gran, but it was an upsetting experience.:weep:
Im glad Im not alone then, Ive read sooo many posts but no-one has yet mentioned vomiting and dia at the same time. Ive realised Ive been taking co-codamol now for too long (you take paracetamol) for any ache and pain, so seriously need to consider if its helping me, or that its just become a habit. Its hard isnt it hun xx sooo glad you dont vomit! and my sympathy that you get the dia...bloody embarrasing, gosh, having my hubby clean me up at 39 is so degrading, esp as Im used to helping others as a nurse. Thanks for your post.xxxxx:D

paula lynne
23-09-10, 14:38
Does anyone get vomiting and diaorrheoa with panic attacks?? xx

Anxious_gal
23-09-10, 14:50
I get anxious about going somewhere, so I'm always late because I've been stuck in the bathroom......
I don't vomit though.

paula lynne
23-09-10, 15:07
Thanks dahlia for you rpost. It seems like Im the only one whos vomiting...thats worrying me a bit now, I dont takt any meds for my panic or agoraphobia, as I already take meds for bp and cholesterol,so I dont want any more. Im lucky (or unlucky!) as an agoraphobic, I spend 95% of my time at home, so being sick and having dia isnt the problem, as im at home. Its the fact that I cant seem to find anyone who experiences it like me, and vomits. Its crap!(haha) isnt it, dealing with this anxiety !!!! x thanks once again xxxxxx:)

jill
23-09-10, 15:45
Hi Paula :D:hugs:

I am sorry to hear your getting these symptoms, this must be soo dame horrible for you :hugs:

Without going into to much detail ( ohh long story) My daughter suffered pa, high levels of anxiety many, many years before I did, at just age 3 years,

Vomiting was her main symptom, she did this, anytime, anyplace anywhere and at times and on a good few accusations she would have diarrhea too. YES, BOTH at the same time, in mins of each other :lac:this happend over a long period of time (will not go into deteal) This, over time, did go away. I am not sure just how much info you want on this vomiting, you know hun, some info can contain triggers.

She is 17 now and is having a blip regarding panic, high anxiety (will not into detail) but regarding the vomit and diarrhea symptom, this has NEVER returned.

I do hope this has been of some help, even if its knowing someone else has had this AND the symptom passes with time.

YOU TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XXX

paula lynne
23-09-10, 15:52
THANK YOU JILL it HAS helped. and yes, having them at the same time..oh my, thank goodness my loo is near my sink! dont know what to do for the best sometimes! Many thanks. love P x:hugs:

Dahlia
23-09-10, 19:06
Hi Paula Lynne - there are a couple of people on here who vomit when they panic. I can't remember their names, but I can remember reading their posts and thinking 'Oh Christ, so you CAN actually vomit'. Maybe try a search for 'vomit' in the panic attacks board?

Dahlia x

paula lynne
23-09-10, 22:23
Thanks I will check it out, not to feed my anx you understand, just want to know Im not alone. Thanks for your reply, sorry for delay in responding x:yesyes: