PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone!

Mat611
04-03-06, 20:30
Hi everbody,

My name is Matt and i am 23. Pretty new to all this so a bit nervous! Been suffering with anxiety/panic attacks since i was about 15. I have had them under control for a long time and lived a fairly normal life, but there was always a problem i was aware of. The last 2 years though they have got steadily worse and now my world is very small and quite depressing. I have seen doctors and been of all sorts of medication but it doesnt seem to be helping. I still work buts its a struggle and I use to play in a band and thats nearly impossible and i really need to get back to doing that as i love it.But my socail life has been reduced to almost zero. I find it hard to tell people as being 23 and male people have certain expectations of how you should be living your life. Just wanna start to feel better and not be so snxious and worried about everything all the time! Any way i have rambled on now, So a big hello to everyone again!

Matt

katyfitz
04-03-06, 20:35
no one rambles on matt u have come to the right place DO NOT WORRY. im only 22 and i live in fear everyday as we speak my friends are getting ready to go out and all i wanna do is curl up in a ball and sleep for the rest of my life, BUT im NOT gonna let this 'so called illness' take over my life. this website has helped me cope with such feelings as despair and deep depression we all have each other and that will never change. list some of the symptoms u get we may be able to help more

katy[8D]

Karen
04-03-06, 20:56
Hi Matt

Welcome to the forum. Have you had treatment other than medication? Some CBT therapy could well help.

You might find the following information helpful:

First Steps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=firststeps)

Symptoms (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=symptoms)

You will find a lot of help and support here.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

Mat611
04-03-06, 21:01
Hi,

Thanks for replying, Well some of the symptons i suffer from are anxiety with shortness of breath- alot, tight throat and feeling hot and sweaty and stomach pains. that anxiety is with me 80% of the day. I try to avoid going out alot and end up staying in feeling very low. There is also the side to me that is quite obsessive about things i eat, where it came from, has it been tampered with?? all sorts of crazy thoughts run through my head and lastly but not lest my health, iwoory to the point of despair about every pain and twinge to the point were i dont wanna do something incase i am ill or become. Thats most of it reallt or the main problems.

Thanks, Matt

Paddington
04-03-06, 21:06
welcome!Panic disorders have no respect 4 age!But u have come to the right place.There are all age groups on here,and we all understand how you are feeling,honest.Have a good look round the forums,u will find help and support.Music is a fab healer even if you cant manage to play with your band at a gig,dont stop playing!!Let your emotioal turmoil out thru your music.God bless,Mary-Rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Alexandra
04-03-06, 21:13
Hi Matt

Welcome to the forum

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

nomorepanic
04-03-06, 21:36
matt

Welcome

Read the posts on here ...

Links to posts about Common Problems (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7784)

Nicola

jackie
04-03-06, 21:57
hiya matt. you will see there are no stigmas here. many young men and women are just like you and in need of a friend to talk to about it

i hope we can be that to you
jackie

trac67
04-03-06, 22:18
Hi Matt,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

hunny_as
04-03-06, 22:34
hi mat your not you will get a lot of help here and make new friends theres no need to be nervous at all i am only 25 but not male lol and i know what you mean about what to tell people and they dont undstand well if you ever need and ear feel free to pm me

tack care
amanda x

Meg
04-03-06, 22:49
Hi Matt

Medication is not the only form of help. See your Gp about getting some CBT

Also www.nopanic.org has a recovery service by telephone.

Check out our home pages and learn about what is going on with your body and how it will not harm you .

Health Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=healthanxiety)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

sal
05-03-06, 22:15
Hi Mat

Welcome to the site

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".