PDA

View Full Version : a question for the ladies...

sarah_85
23-09-10, 17:04
just wondering, can anxiety/stress and panic attacks make you miss your period? have been having panic attacks and anxiety for a few months now, and it has never affected my cycle before, i normally run like clock work. and it's 5 days late, which is weird for me. im never late. pretty sure im not preggers either. just wondered :) xxx

unspoken
23-09-10, 21:44
This used to happen to me a lot until recently. I would miss an entire month at a time if I was anxious. I could actually delay it myself by getting anxious about it. It was quite a problem once I was in situations where there was the slightest possibility that I could have got preggers. The anxiety about it not arriving would get worse and worse and stop it from coming. Typically about twice a year, around exam times, I would miss out a month. My GP said it was normal enough.

This last year or so, it has calmed down. I guess cos I've got older and become more regular. But yes, anxiety can definitely delay periods. I'm not entirely sure why, but it can.

paula lynne
23-09-10, 22:08
I completely agree with the last post...stress definately upsets us girls menstrual cycle...happened to me a couple of times. xx:winks:

sammi
23-09-10, 22:21
Sometimes I can be late only a week or so never thought to put it down to anxiety but I suppose it could be. Does anyones anxiety become worse just before there period and during? Xx

paula lynne
23-09-10, 22:29
Hi sammi, a week before my period, my panic anxiety vertigo, palpatations, eyesight, and pins and needles go into overdrive. At period, (well, a day or two after) its as it was before much calmer. I think its thse blessed hormones! ROLL ON MENOPAUSE! (for me at least luv!) haha xx:scared15::wacko::mad::blush::D

sammi
23-09-10, 22:33
Haha and me even tho its a long way off for me. My anxiety is terrible at that time of the month I just feel panicky and anxious the who time when havin a period. Xx

Hazel B
24-09-10, 12:05
I get more anxious and weepy about nothing a few days before mine, also much more pain now I'm over 40. Not sure if the menopause will be worse!

Carly Lou
24-09-10, 12:28
hey sarah, i had this in jan... i was so stressed as my anxiety was the worse it had ever been, i missed 2 periods.... i was convinced there was something terribly wrong with me, but my doctor assured me it was my anxiety and stress, and it all went back to normal and has been like that ever since
Hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx