PDA

View Full Version : Memory and concentration problems at work

shortstuff
23-09-10, 19:53
I seem to find myself suffering more and more from difficulties with memory and concentration. I am a teacher and this has an impact on my job. Although I have always prided myself on meeting deadlines and working to the best of my ability, I find myself thinking I've sent an email which I haven't / missing a deadline / forgetting tasks and the like.

I've only been in my current job for a year and am worried that they might just think I am lazy or undedicated. They are aware of my diagnosis of Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia, although I'm not really sure they understnd the full implications of it. I have an increasing concern that I am going to face some kind of disciplinary and that I may deemed unfit for work.

Has anyone had similar difficulties or any advice they could offer.

Nic

JaneC
23-09-10, 20:17
I've found ginkgo biloba and Siberian ginseng pretty good in the past shortstuff, have you tried anything along those lines? You do need to be careful if you are taking antidepressants, however.

Stig
23-09-10, 20:42
Hi you. don't worry - i am exactly the same. I am also a teacher and often, like today, find that i can't remember what i have done with my classes and what i ought to be doing for the next lessons. I think it is only me who notices this and when i clear my head and think about it, it all starts to come back.
I am having trouble at the moment remembering to do my registers which are on SIMS (~electronicly sent) and keep getting angry emails from the office.
It happens to us all! Try not to worry too much - i bet no one else has noticed
chin up x

shortstuff
23-09-10, 20:46
I haven't tried any of those - a bit wary to try anything as I'm on Citalopram

shortstuff
23-09-10, 20:48
Thanks Stig, good to know I'm not on my own. I have had a LOT of reminders for things I've either forgotten or simply thought I'd handed in (which have been completed for ages) from the senior management - hence the worry beginning to settle in.